Who doesn’t enjoy a little scandal every now and then?? ? In honor of Scandal’s final season, I decided to make this tasty popcorn dish! And of course, you MUST make it in this awesome pink pot! Neoflam Retro 5QT Ceramic Nonstick Stockpot w/ Glass Lid, Pink This scandalous stove top spicy garlic popcorn will give you life and a little scandal!
Hey Guys! It’s Thursday so you know what that means??? Yep, that’s right gladiators, it’s time for Scandal!!! I LOVE Scandal but I am SO sad that this is the final season! I just can’t seem to get enough of watching Olivia Pope practically run the world without managing to mess up her perfectly styled hair and wardrobe! Goals, right?!
I was first introduced to Scandal by my husband. He’s a big fan of Scandal and kept telling me that I needed to watch this show. Being that I usually only watch reality shows and old episodes of Roseanne, it took a lot of convincing to get me to watch a scripted series! I finally gave in and binged watched all of the previous seasons! After the first few episodes, I was HOOKED!! That show brought on so many feels…happiness, sadness, anger… Before I knew it, I was a huge fan and a self-proclaimed gladiator!
Since this is the first show of the final season ☹, I felt that it was totally appropriate to do a tribute to Scandal! As we all know, Olivia hardly eats a truly balanced meal. Her meals usually consist of a big ol’ glass of red wine and a large bowl of popcorn! I am also a popcorn lover and wanted to show that popcorn doesn’t have to be boring! It can be scandalous, it can be sultry, it can be seductive…was that too much?? Lol. What I’m trying to say is that there are so many options with popcorn!
In our house, we don’t have a fancy popcorn maker. We just make our popcorn on top of the stove, in a big pot! A big PINK pot to be exact! Neoflam Retro 5QT Ceramic Nonstick Stockpot w/ Glass Lid, Pink In my opinion, it’s the best way to make popcorn! For this recipe, I combined flavors such as garlic, creole seasoning, and cayenne pepper to give the popcorn a savory kick! Enjoy!!
Scandalous Stove Top Spicy Garlic Popcorn
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 2/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- Heat coconut oil in a thick-bottomed pot on medium heat.
- Pour in popcorn kernels. Be sure that the kernels form an even layer on the bottom of the pot. Cover with lid.
- As the kernels pop, shake pot a couple of times to help prevent burning.
- When the popping starts to slow down, remove from heat and keep covered.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter for approximately 10-20 seconds.
- Add garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and creole seasoning to butter and stir.
- Gradually drizzle butter mixture over popcorn and stir in between drizzles to evenly distribute the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over popcorn.