Who doesn’t love a meal that’s ready in 30 minutes or less?! This Creamy Tomato Pasta Skillet is quick, easy, and sooo delicious! Give it a try tonight!!
I just LOVE spending hours and hours in the kitchen; cooking, cleaning, messing up every pot and pan…I’m totally kidding! Lol!! Don’t get me wrong, I love to cook but the way my life is set up right now, I don’t have the time to spend over half of my day in the kitchen! I have two very active little boys, ages 3 and 1, and a hubby that loves my attention, so I have to keep my meals very simple and quick!!
Pasta is always a fave in our house! What’s not to like about a cheesy pasta dish?! Oh, that’s right, those darn calories and fat, right?? Lol! I completely understand being cautious of certain foods, especially when you’re on a weight loss journey, but you can still enjoy your favorite foods in moderation.
This Creamy Tomato Pasta Skillet is made with reduced fat ingredients and fresh herbs; making this the PERFECT dinner option for all you pasta lovers!! After cooking my noodles, I only used 1 skillet to make the entire dish! Talk about easy clean-up!! I always use this extra-large cast iron skillet, 15-Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Skillet. It’s my absolute favorite!! Try this recipe tonight and spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your family!! ?
Creamy Tomato Pasta Skillet
- 1 lb penne noodles cooked and drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- ½ cup skim ricotta
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic and grape tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant.
- Slightly reduce heat and add pasta sauce to skillet. Stir all ingredients together and let simmer/cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ricotta and Greek yogurt, making sure that it’s blended well with the sauce mixture.
- Add cooked penne noodles to skillet and toss, making sure to fully coat all of the noodles.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese and top with fresh basil.