This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLE® LA LECHERA®. The opinions and text are all mine.
I am thrilled to pieces that the holidays are just around the corner! As a little girl, I always enjoyed this time of year! I enjoyed helping my mom decorate the house and of course, helping her bake up tons of goodies! And by helping, I mean “tasting!” Lol!
There are lots of holiday memories that warm my heart, but I must say that my favorite memory is our annual Christmas breakfast! When I was younger, my mom would cook a special breakfast for the whole family, followed by warm mugs of hot cocoa!
Over the years, we’ve kept this tradition alive by continuing our annual Christmas breakfast! Because my sisters and I are married with kids, our breakfast is A LOT bigger! My mom lets everyone bring a dish, which usually turns into a “friendly” competition between me and my sisters! Lol! This year, I wanted to do something completely different so I decided to test out this delicious Maple Bacon Cranberry French Toast Casserole! This combination of sweet and savory was simply remarkable, but the true star of this dish was NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk!
LA LECHERA has been a family staple item for years! My mom used this special ingredient to give her sweet potato pies that super creamy texture! I love using it in my recipes because it gives a sweet, subtle, and authentic taste! Whenever I’m shopping at Publix, which is usually a few times a week ?, I make sure that I head to the baking aisle and grab a few cans of LA LECHERA!
They also have LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk available in a convenient squeeze bottle that just came out with new packaging! How neat is that! Since I am a bargain shopper, I felt compelled to share this awesome deal with you…if you click HERE, you can save $0.75 when you purchase two LA LECHERA products at Publix now through 12/16/18!
This Maple Bacon Cranberry French Toast Casserole may sound fancy, but it’s a really easy recipe! Which makes it perfect for those hectic holiday gatherings! To get started, I cut a loaf of cinnamon bread into 1-inch squares. Then I chopped my cranberries and mixed them with my bread squares. I love using fresh cranberries whenever possible because I love that tart taste! Next, I added my crumbled pieces of cooked bacon and created a delicious maple mixture with my LA LECHERA! The LA LECHERA gave this mixture plenty of sweetness and a beautiful creamy texture!
I covered the bread mixture with the liquid mixture until all of the bread was completely soaked, then I let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour before baking. You can also let this sit in the fridge overnight, for a quick breakfast in the morning!
Once this Maple Bacon Cranberry French Toast Casserole was done, I made a tasty glaze for drizzling! I mixed about 2 tablespoons of LA LECHERA and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and drizzled it on top of the casserole! For an extra special touch, I crumbled the remaining pieces of bacon on top!
OMG! This Maple Bacon Cranberry French Toast Casserole was amazing! I can’t wait to bring this dish to our annual Christmas Breakfast! I’m sure that I will win with this recipe! Er, I mean I’m sure that everyone will love it! ?
Try this recipe at your home and let me know in the comments how it came out!
Maple Bacon Cranberry French Toast Casserole
- ½ cup LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz.
- 1 loaf cinnamon bread cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 and ½ cup fresh cranberries finely chopped
- 6 slices of bacon cooked
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 and ¼ cup milk
- Optional: 2 tbsp of LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk, 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, beat ½ cup of LA LECHERA, 3 eggs, 1 and ¼ cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and vanilla until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cinnamon bread, cranberries, and 3 slices of bacon (crumbled). Add in the liquid mixture and toss until all of the bread is coated evenly.
- Spray a pan with nonstick spray, and spread French Toast mixture into the pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
- Crumble the remaining bacon on top and drizzle with a little maple syrup and/or LA LECHERA if desired.