Pretty in Pink Beet Pancakes
- March 5, 2019
- 1 Comments
Calling all beet lovers!! These Pretty in Pink Beet Pancakes are nutritious, delicious, and will quickly become a family favorite!
Happy Pancake Day!!! Isn’t is amazing that pancakes get their own special day?! I couldn’t be happier because this gives me an excuse to cozy up to a nice, warm stack of pancakes! Yum!
In honor of this special day, I wanted to create a unique pancake recipe…. something totally out of the box! A few months ago, I made some pretty tasty beet recipes (click HERE and HERE to check them out), so I thought, why not make a stack of Pretty in Pink Beet Pancakes?!!
I know what you’re thinking, “Beets in a pancake?! What is wrong with this woman?!” Lol! You’ll actually be pleasantly surprised that it’s very yummy! The beets gave the pancakes a beautiful pink color, and if you haven’t figured it out by now, pink is my favorite color! ? The taste of the beets is very mild, and not too overwhelming.
Not only are you getting an amazing stack of Pretty in Pink Beet Pancakes, you’re also getting some pretty good health benefits too!
Did You Know…???
- Beets are low in calories, sodium and fat.
- Beets are rich in folate which is important for brain health.
- Beets can help to decrease the risk of artery damage and heart disease.
- Beets contain a great source of fiber which may improve digestive health.
When making these Pretty in Pink Beet Pancakes, I used the beet juice from my canned beets. This is the secret to the pretty pink color! It is very important to let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow to baking soda to do its magic and create fluffy pancakes!
These Pretty in Pink Beet Pancakes taste amazing on their own, but I love to add fresh fruit and a hefty drizzle of honey! Now THIS is how you celebrate Pancake Day!! How will you be celebrating this special day??
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these:
- Easy Roasted Beet & Garlic Hummus
- Extra Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Coconut Beet Berry Smoothie Bowl
Pretty in Pink Beet Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup beet juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or skim milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 and ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil, vanilla, and beet juice. Add mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Let batter sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Heat griddle to medium. Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop batter onto griddle and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Flip over when surface is bubbly and edges are dry.
- Serve immediately with your desired toppings and enjoy!
Did you make this?
I’d love to know! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @beautifuleatsandthings