Thank you to the Crock-Pot brand for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
I just love Springtime! It gives us a chance to soak up some sun and enjoy a good ol’ family cookout! Whenever we have a cookout, BBQ ribs are a MUST! This is usually my husband’s territory! He loves to grill and will not let me anywhere near “his” grill ?.
I usually don’t mind letting him take charge of the ribs, but there are times that I would like to give it a try. Since I’m not that good with the grill, I thought that it would be a great idea to cook my BBQ ribs in my new Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Express Crock Multi-Cooker!
I’m seriously in love with this Crock-Pot Express Crock! It has 8 pre-set pressurized settings which makes one-pot meals easier than ever! You can choose to eat sooner, or use the slow cook setting to come back later to a delicious hot meal! You can also use the Crock-Post Express Crock to make soups, yogurt, and even these Slow Cooker Bourbon & Orange BBQ Ribs!
The key to this recipe…. besides using the Crock-Pot Express Crock to make these Bourbon & Orange BBQ Ribs super tender…. is the sauce! I love finding creative ways to dress up my barbecue sauce and this one was very easy to make!
I just added a few shots of bourbon, fresh squeezed orange juice, and thyme to my favorite brand of barbecue sauce. Then I poured it over my ribs in the Crock-Pot Express Crock and let it cook! See, easy-peasy!
These Slow Cooker Bourbon & Orange BBQ Ribs turned out great! They were so flavorful and tender! I couldn’t believe that I was able to create the most delicious bbq ribs ever, without any fuss! I just placed my ingredients in my Crock-Pot Express Crock and let it do its magic!
For your next cookout, give these Slow Cooker Bourbon & Orange BBQ Ribs a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Slow Cooker Bourbon & Orange BBQ Ribs
- 3 lb baby back pork ribs cut into pieces
- 2 cups your favorite barbecue sauce
- 4 shots bourbon
- The juice of 2 large navel oranges
- 4-5 orange slices
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine barbecue sauce, bourbon, orange juice, orange slices, and thyme. Set aside.
- Season the ribs with garlic powder, seasoning salt, and salt/pepper. Place ribs in the Crock-Pot Express Crock, and cover in sauce.
- Press SLOW COOK, set temperature to HIGH, and adjust time to 4 hours. Make sure the Steam Release Valve is in the “Release” (opeposition. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking has completed, transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.