Thank you, California Date Commission, for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own. #CaliforniaDates #DatesAreGreat
The leaves are turning into beautiful shades of pumpkin, the air is cool and crisp…this can only mean one thing! The holiday season is upon us! I love this time of year because it’s filled with quality time with our close family & friends, and of course, lots of yummy food and holiday treats!!
Since, I am a true lover of pecans and dates, these No-Bake Coconut Pecan Date Bars have made it to the top of my ‘Favorites’ list this season! I love using California Dates in my recipes because they are a healthy sugar substitute and can be used cup for cup. They add a natural sweetness with a lower Glycemic Index than sugar. Fascinating, right?!
A Little Bit More About California Dates…
Did you know that eating dates adds fiber, nutrients and antioxidants and other polyphenols to your daily diet? It’s true! Dates Are Great in everything from breakfast to dinner and in-between, and they also fit within almost any eating plan, including Paleo, Mediterranean Diet, Whole 30 Plan, DASH Diet, and Whole Foods Plant Based Diet.
For more information visit DatesAreGreat.com
So now that you’ve learned a little bit more about the awesome benefits of dates, I’m sure that you can fully understand why I like to use them in my recipes, such as these No-Bake Coconut Pecan Date Bars! When preparing these bars, all you need is 5 simple ingredients and a food processor! No oven required for this recipe! ?
Simply add the California Dates, pecans, and almond butter to the food processor and combine until partly smooth. You may need to add a few tablespoons of water if the mixture is too thick.
Next, transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the oats and half of the coconut. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper and press the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the remaining coconut on top and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the bars are firm.
Cut the bars and drizzle with a little melted chocolate, if desired. See?! Easy, peasy!! These No-Bake Coconut Pecan Date Bars were simply amazing! The texture was firm, but delightful to bite into! And the California Dates provided these bars with this perfect amount of sweetness! Yum! These No-Bake Coconut Pecan Date Bars will definitely be served at all of my upcoming holiday parties! I know they’ll be a hit!
No-Bake Coconut Pecan Date Bars
- ½ cup California Dates
- ½ cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut
- 1 cup oats
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- Optional: ¼ cup milk chocolate morsels for drizzle
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add dates, pecans, and almond butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive, sticky mixture. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the mixture is too thick or hard to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the oats and half of the coconut. Press the mixture into the pan and sprinkle the remaining coconut on top. Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the bars are firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator and Cut into about 9 bars. Drizzle with a little melted chocolate, if desired.