This post is sponsored by the Cool Foods promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
Lately, I’ve been all about quick and easy meals—especially since school is back in session! Our weeknights are busier than ever, which leaves me with very little time to put together an elaborate meal for my family.
This Garlicky Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken is one of our favorite meals because it’s delicious and it takes very little effort to put together. The Greek Yogurt marinade is truly the star of this dish! It makes the chicken extremely flavorful and it’s only made with a few simple ingredients, including Fage Yogurt and Earth Balance Spread.
I picked up my ingredients at Publix during the Cool Foods Promotion, which is going on from 10/10/20 through 10/23/20. I love shopping at Publix because they always have everything that I need and at a very reasonable price. I was able to pick up any Fage Yogurt (5.3-7-oz) 10 for $10, and 2 Earth Balance Spreads (10-16-oz) for $7.
To check out these Cool Food savings, pick up the 10/10/20 Extra Savings flyer at Publix or see a complete list of savings online here. If you don’t see the Extra Savings flyer in the kiosk at the store’s entrance, just ask customer service for a flyer!
For your convenience, these promotional savings have been highlighted on the at-shelf signs located throughout the store.
How to Make Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken
The marinade takes just a few minutes to stir together and creates an absolute explosion of flavor. It’s seriously incredible!
Start by whisking together the Fage Greek yogurt, softened Earth Balance Spread, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs in a large bowl. Add the chicken to the bowl, and let it marinate for about 15-30 minutes. You can also place the chicken into a large re-sealable storage bag and place in the fridge for up to 3 hours, but I wouldn’t recommended marinating the chicken for longer than that. You don’t want to alter the texture of the chicken.
Here are a Few Tips When Making this Recipe
1. Never reuse marinade that has been used on raw poultry or meat. This could cause cross contamination. If you want to use some of the marinade for later, set aside a portion of the marinade to save for later.
2. Always use acid in your marinade. Whether it’s vinegar, wine, or a citrus juice like lemon or lime juice, acid helps break down the connective tissue in meats, adding flavor and creating a more tender bite.
3. Add yogurt to make your chicken. This helps to add more flavor and it also contributes to the tenderness.
This Garlicky Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken is my favorite go-to recipe for those busy nights! If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo and tag me on Instagram @beautifuleatsandthings.
Garlicky Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- 10 chicken legs
- 1 cup plain Fage Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Earth Balance Spread softened
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- 2 tsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To make the marinade, combine the Greek yogurt, Earth Balance Spread, garlic, rosemary, parsley, lemon juice, Cajun seasoning, paprika, and salt & pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and let it marinate for about 15-30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken in a large casserole dish or baking dish. Bake the chicken for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.