This homemade Brown Sugar Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe is quick and easy to make, and more affordable than the traditional coffee shop version! It’s lightly sweetened with brown sugar and made with Sprouts Brand organic coffees!
Thank you, Sprouts Farmers Market, for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
Happy National Coffee Day, y’all! And what better way to celebrate than with this Brown Sugar Pumpkin Spice Latte! In case you haven’t noticed, it’s officially Pumpkin Spice Latte season…or PSL season (that’s what the cool kids call it)! I love pumpkin spice lattes but buying one at those fancy coffee shops a few times a week can get expensive. Luckily, I’ve learned how to make them at home and created this amazing Brown Sugar Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe!
And I know what you’re thinking—“I don’t have time to make a fancy latte first thing in the morning!” No need to worry because this recipe can be made in just 10 minutes and only requires a few simple ingredients. I purchased all of my ingredients at Sprouts Famers Market because they always have everything that I need for all of my Fall recipes.
Sprouts has an incredible variety of coffees to choose from, but for this recipe, I used their Organic Blend Special Dark Ground Coffee. I love that their organic coffees contain all of those the warm spices of the season, and not only can this coffee be brewed as usual, but it is great in baked goods, and specialty drinks such as this Brown Sugar Pumpkin Spice Latte!
TIPS WHEN MAKING A HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
Here are a few tips for making the best homemade pumpkin spice latte, ever!
- Feel free to use whatever type of milk that you love best in this latte. It’s traditionally made with cow’s milk, but I love using almond milk or oat milk to make lattes.
- This recipe uses pumpkin puree. When purchasing your ingredients, be sure that you are buying pumpkin purée and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Make sure that you use pumpkin pie spice which is usually a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. You can also purchase a jar of pre-mixed pumpkin pie spice.
So, how will you be celebrating National Coffee Day? Let me know in the comments below!
Brown Sugar Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 cups milk dairy or non-dairy
- 3 tablespoons Sprouts Canned Pumpkin
- 1 & ½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup brewed Sprouts Organic Blend Special Dark Ground Coffee
- Whipped cream for topping
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat, and add in the milk, canned pumpkin, brown sugar, and vanilla. Heat until hot, but do not boil. Remove from the heat and whisk in the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and coffee.
- Divide the mixture between two mugs. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.