This easy Cranberry Apple Cider Moscow Mule is the perfect drink for the holiday season! It’s made with a combination of fresh ingredients and comes together in seconds! So, refreshing!
Is anyone else putting together their holiday menu?? This year, I’ve been determined to stay on top of things for the holidays to help me stay relaxed and stress-free. And so far, I’ve been doing a pretty good job—I’ve bought everything on my holiday shopping list, I’ve put up all the decorations and I’m currently planning our holiday menu which will include these Cranberry Apple Cider Moscow Mules!
These Cranberry Apple Cider Moscow Mules are light, refreshing, and so festive! They literally taste like Christmas in a mug—but only for the 21 & up crowd of course! And they take about 5 minutes to make, which is a major bonus!
How to Make a Cranberry Mule
This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
• Apple Cider: Not to be confused with apple cider vinegar! Trust me, that combo would NOT be a good one! You should be able to find apple cider in the refrigerated beverage section at most grocery stores, or you could use apple juice, but the flavor won’t be as concentrated.
• Cranberry Juice: I suggest using 100% cranberry juice with no added sugar. This helps to prevent the cocktail from being too sweet.
• Ginger Beer: Feel free to use your favorite brand of ginger beer. My favorite brand is Fever-Tree Ginger Beer.
• Vodka: Vodka is an important part of the Moscow Mule. The best vodka for a Moscow Mule is one that has a smooth taste and a neutral flavor.
• Lime Juice: Lime juice helps to bring all of those delicious flavors together!
• Ice: I prefer to use large ice cubes, but you can certainly use crushed ice, if desired.
Ok, so let’s talk garnishes! I’m a huge fan of garnishes because it makes everything so pretty and adds a little pizazz! For this easy Moscow Mule, I topped each mug with a few frozen cranberries, lime slices, cinnamon sticks, and a sprig of fresh rosemary! These simple additions, are totally optional, but they really make a beautiful presentation, and they just scream Happy Holidays!
Choosing a Mug for Your Moscow Mule
Moscow Mules are traditionally served in a steel or copper mug. Copper helps to keep the drink cool because it immediately takes on the temperature of the drink.
You can use a regular cocktail glass to make a Moscow Mule, but I strongly suggest using a copper mug. Here are a few of my favorites below:
To make a Moscow Mule…
Start by adding ice to your mug. Next, add in the vodka, apple cider, cranberry juice, and top with ginger beer and lime juice. Give it a good stir and add in your garnishes! It’s literally that easy! You can also make this in a big pitcher, which is always a hit at holiday parties!
This Cranberry Apple Cider Moscow Mule will certainly be in heavy rotation all holiday season long! Don’t you agree?
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to know! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @beautifuleatsandthings.
Want more holiday cocktail recipes, try these:
Cranberry Apple Cider Moscow Mule
- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces apple cider
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- The juice of ½ lime
- Optional garnish: lime slices, fresh cranberries, cinnamon sticks, & fresh rosemary
Add ice to a copper mug. Add in the vodka, apple cider, & cranberry juice. Top with ginger beer and lime juice. Stir and add in your garnishes. Enjoy!