Need a little extra pep in your step? Grab yourself one of these energizing Immune-Boosting Green Juice Shots! It’s packed with a variety of nutrients including antioxidants and vitamin C.
Have you ever heard the phrase, “Good things come in small packages,” well these energizing Immune-Boosting Green Juice Shots are no exception! They may be small, but they pack a mighty nutritious punch to help you power through your day.
So, What’s in These Green Juice Shots…???
- Green apples –There are many varieties of apples, but I prefer to use green apples in this recipe. In comparison to red apples, green apples are better source of vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin K. They also contain more iron and potassium.
- Celery –Celery contains a good source of fiber which helps to benefit the digestive and cardiovascular systems. Celery also contains antioxidants that helps to prevent diseases.
- Ginger –Ginger contains many potent anti-inflammatory compounds, including a variety of antioxidants, which help to protect the body from free radical damage.
- Kale –Kale contains a great source of vitamin C content and selenium which are important for supporting a healthy immune system.
- Spinach –Similar to kale, spinach contains a good source of vitamin C. It also contains minerals such as vitamin E and magnesium that support your immune system.
- Limes –Limes contain several nutrients including vitamin C and antioxidants, which can strengthen your immune system and help your body fight off infections such as the common cold and flu viruses.
The idea for these green juice shots came after I experienced several weeks of feeling groggy, tired, and unmotivated. My daily cup of coffee wasn’t working, and I my usually fun workout sessions were becoming a daunting task. Then it hit me…my body was crying out for more nutrients!
As a dietitian, I’m usually able to notice these signals pretty quickly but sometimes life happens, and those signals get overlooked. In addition to making some adjustments to my daily diet, I decided to add these energizing Immune-Boosting Green Juice Shots to my routine and the results were SHOCKING!
I’m not a fan of calling things a quick fix, nor do I claim that these green juice shots are a quick fix…but within about 2 hours of drinking 2 of these shots, I noticed a huge difference! Within those 2 hours, I cleaned my kitchen, walked the dogs, prepared dinner, folded clothes, and helped the kids with their homework. I felt great!
And the best part is that they actually taste good! My kids love the green juice shots and they like to drink them before school. My 8 year old son likes to drink them before basketball practice because he swears they give him more energy!
How Long Does Green Juice Last in the Refrigerator
These Immune-Boosting Green Juice Shots can be stored in the fridge for 24-48 hours and up to 72 hours at the absolute most.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to know! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @beautifuleatsandthings.
Energizing Immune-Boosting Green Juice Shots
- 2 green apples sliced
- 4 celery stalks
- 3 inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 cups kale peeled
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 limes peeled & chopped
If using a juicer:
Add in the green apples, celery, ginger, kale, spinach, and limes.
Pour into shot glasses and serve immediately, or place juice in fridge for up to 2-3 days until ready to enjoy.
If using a blender:
Chop apples, celery, and limes into small pieces and add them to the blender along with the ginger, kale, and spinach.
Blend until smooth and place a small sieve or strainer over a mason jar or glass cup.
Pour liquid into strainer and serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Serving: 1 shot about 3 oz: Calories 36 | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fat: 0g | Protein: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 22mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugars: 4g