Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Whenever I’m feeling fancy for breakfast, I must include eggs in the mix. Not sure why…I’m sure that my friends would say that it’s because I’m “EXTRA” (and that’s not completely false!), but I just think eggs make me feel like my breakfast is complete and fit for a queen! And of course, this meal wouldn’t be possible without my favorite skillet! Lodge 10-1/4-Inch Pre-Seasoned Skillet
Frittatas are super easy to make, especially with this fabulous skillet Lodge 10-1/4-Inch Pre-Seasoned Skillet , and because hubby and I are continuing with our weight loss journey, I wanted to be sure that this frittata helped us stay on track. I chose to use egg whites and I combined several delicious ingredients such as kale, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic….it was soooo good and a much healthier option than the average frittata.
Kale, Tomato, & Mushroom Egg White Frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ cups chopped kale without stems
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 8 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat Feta Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 305 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic until onions begin to sweat.
- Add kale, mushrooms, and tomatoes and cook until kale is tender. Reduce heat to medium and add a little salt and pepper to taste, if you desire.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, almond milk, baking powder, salt, and pepper, and pour over the vegetables in the skillet. Cook, without stirring, until the bottom of the eggs are frim. This may take about 4–5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until edges are slightly brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. You'll know it's done when a knife inserted comes out clean.
- . Sprinkle Feta cheese over the frittata, and if you’re feeling fancy and maybe a little “EXTRA” like me, sprinkle a little rosemary over the top as well! Enjoy! Slice into 4 equal slices to serve.