Slow cooker meals are my jam! Since, things are ALWAYS hectic in my house, I rely heavily on slow-cooker meals! This Slow Cooker Beanless Butternut Squash Chili is simple to prepare, and of course it’s deliciously healthy too!
As you all know, I am a busy mommy and wife! I work full time, tend to my 2 little boys, help my husband find several of his “lost” items, tend to the dog, wash, clean…oh, yeah and find time to cook wholesome meals for my family! Lol! Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my family; they bring me so much joy, but there are times where I wish I had just a few more hours in the day!
To help keep my sanity, I like to make slow-cooker meals at least once a week. The best thing about these meals is that you can literally throw everything into this magical pot, set the timer, and go about your merry way until it’s done! Usually, while this chili is cooking, I’m able to tend to my busy ‘to-do’ list and manage to squeeze in a little ME time!
This recipe came about when I wanted to make chili and had a random butternut squash on the counter…come to think about it, I tend to have a lot of random produce around my house lol! Well, I didn’t want it to go bad so I thought about using it to make chili. As far as the bean-less part….well let’s just say that beans don’t always agree with my tummy! (I know, TMI?? Lol). I love beans, but they don’t always love me, so I have to limit the amount I consume. This Slow Cooker Beanless Butternut Squash Chili turned out great and has made its way to our weekly meal rotation! You won’t even miss the beans, I promise!
Slow-Cooker Beanless Butternut Squash Chili
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 onions diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 cans 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 yellow bellpepper diced
- 1 green bellpepper diced
- 16 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 2 packets chili seasoning mix (1.25 oz )
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add lean ground turkey and onions. Cook until meat is thoroughly cooked and onions are tender.
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add meat/onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir to make sure that all ingredients are combined, cover and place on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- When done, spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with parsley if desired.