I am a huge advocate of meal prep! It helps to keep me on the right track for making healthier food choices! These Healthy Greek Chicken & Hummus Wraps are the perfect addition to your meal prep routine!
Hi, my name is Andy and I’m a “prep-a-holic!” As I mentioned before, I like to prep everything that I possibly can on Sundays! Clothes, shoes, my makeup looks (yes, I really do this), and of course meals! When it comes to meal prep, I usually try to make something that will taste great when re-heated. For example, I wouldn’t prep something with a crispy crust because the crust would be soggy the next day. I HATE soggy crust! Lol! These meal prep containers are the best ever! [5-Pack] Glass Meal Prep Containers – BPA-free, Microwave
This week, I wanted to prepare something really easy because I wasn’t feeling that great. ☹ I’m not sure if you’ve seen the Nyquil commercial where the mom is sick and telling her kid that she needs a ‘sick day,’ And the commercial ends by saying, ‘Moms Don’t Take Sick Days.” Well that is the absolute truth! Even though I’m not feeling my best, I still like to make sure that I meal prep for the week.
These Healthy Greek Chicken & Hummus Wraps were very simple to put together! The idea for this wrap came to mind when I made Greek grilled chicken salad for dinner and had lots of leftovers! I love this salad and didn’t want it to go to waste, so I decided to put it in a wrap! Clever, right?! I chose to add hummus to serve as my creamy component, instead of mayo. The results were fantastic! I was able to make several wraps in advance for me and the hub’s lunch!
Be sure to add this recipe to your meal prep collection!!
Healthy Greek Chicken & Hummus Wraps
- 5 flatbread (90 calories or less)
- 10 oz of grilled chicken strips frozen/ pre-cooked
- ¼ cup fat-free Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
- 5 romaine leaves
- 5 tbsp hummus (any brand will do)
- 5 tbsp reduced fat feta
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 5 tbsp Greek Kalamata olives
- 1 tomato diced
- Heat chicken per package directions.
- In a medium bowl, add chicken and Italian dressing. Combine and set aside.
- Lay flatbread on a flat surface.
- Spread 1 tbsp of hummus on each flatbread.
- Place 1 romaine leaf on top of the hummus, on each flatbread.
- Distribute equal amounts of the shredded carrots and diced tomatoes on each flatbread.
- Add 2 oz of the Italian grilled chicken mixture onto each flatbread.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of reduced fat feta and 1 tbsp of olives on top, and roll each flatbread to make a wrap.
- Roll slowly to ensure that all ingredients stay put and do not fall out.
- Cut in half and enjoy, or wrap in plastic wrap and store in fridge.