We all could use a little spice in our lives, right?! These Spiced Double Chocolate Chip Cookies will give you just that!! They are SO rich and chocolatey, and with just the right amount of kick! These are absolutely perfect for your next cookie swap or holiday party!
Did you know that today was National Cookie day?!! Yep, you heard right, National Cookie Day! This means that I can eat cookies for every meal and snack without gaining a single pound!! 🙂 Yea, right!! Lol! But seriously, it’s a wonderful day to celebrate so I decided to make these Spiced Double Chocolate Chip Cookies!
These cookies are SO far from your average chocolate cookie! They are super chocolatey and contain the perfect hint of spice!! I was inspired by this awesome seasoning that my husband brought me back from Guiana. He travels for work and gets to visit the most amazing countries! He usually brings me back some type of exotic spice to add to my collection! This time he brought me a 5 Spice Seasoning.
The chocolate and the blend of that seasoning paired wonderfully together! And let’s not forget the finishing touch of cayenne pepper! AH-MAZING!!! Depending on your heat tolerance, you may want to add more or less cayenne pepper than the recipe calls for; it’s totally up to you!
Okay, so let’s talk about the reaction from my family when they took their first bite…my 1 year old followed me around wanting more cookies, my 3 year old stuffed 2 in his mouth and kept asking for more “shockalate cookies,” and my husband topped them all! This man claims he’s not a big “dessert eater,” but somehow he ate 3 cookies in probably 3 seconds and stuffed 3 in his pocket for later!! And then ate 3 cookies later that night! He told me that Santa would like these cookies on Christmas Eve!! Lol!
Spiced Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar plus additional sugar for rolling
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp 5 Spice Seasoning or you can use Allspice seasoning
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and blend until soft and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, 5 Spice Seasoning, cayenne pepper, and cocoa until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Roll a tablespoonful of cookie dough in sugar and place each cookie about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for about 1-2 minutes before transferring cookies to cooling rack.