This Garlic Ginger Vegetable Ramen Stir Fry puts a delicious spin on this “dorm-room” classic! This vegan-friendly dish is a much healthier alternative and only 219 calories per serving!
How many of you devoured ramen noodles as a teen, or relied on it as your main source of nourishment while in college?! I’ll be the first to say that my parents stocked me with several boxes during my freshman year! Lol! They were quick and easy to prepare, and very inexpensive. This is the very reason why they are so popular! These packaged noodles are also very tasty. Yes the sodium content is crazy high, but as a teen, I wasn’t concerned with that!
[clickToTweet tweet=”How many of you devoured ramen noodles as a teen, or relied on it as your main source of nourishment while in college?! ” quote=”How many of you devoured ramen noodles as a teen, or relied on it as your main source of nourishment while in college?! ” theme=”style1″]
As I matured, I started to realize that those packaged noodles were not the best option for me. I stopped buying them and refused to let my kids eat them! I didn’t want them to develop poor dietary habits because of me! Well….I recently had a change of heart. We had an “almost expired” box of ramen noodles in the pantry because my husband bought some a while back when he had a “man-cold.” Oh, you’ve never heard of a “man-cold?” “Man-colds” are the colds that men get that make life completely unbearable for them and everyone around them! Lol!
I began to think of ways to “healthify” those noodles to prevent throwing them away. My kids are huge fans of any kind of noodle, so I wanted to make a dish they would enjoy too! That’s how the Garlic Ginger Vegetable Ramen Stir Fry was created!
As a way to dramatically cut the sodium content, I simply cooked the noodles and threw away the seasoning packets! I seasoned the noodles with a little oil, garlic, onion, and a special seasoning blend that included ginger! I added a slew of fresh veggies and before I knew it, I had a complete vegan-friendly meal! My family really enjoyed it and it was VERY inexpensive to prepare! I also used this Garlic Ginger Vegetable Ramen Stir Fry for our weekly meal prep! It tastes even better the next day!!
Go ahead and give it a try. Let me know what you think; I would love to hear from you! Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more healthy recipe inspiration!
Garlic Ginger Vegetable Ramen Stir Fry
- 4 packs of Ramen Noodles cooked & drained, discard seasoning pkts
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1 ¼ cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked broccoli florets
- 1 cup cooked sugar snap peas
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil, yellow onions, green onions, garlic, cabbage, and carrots. Cook and stir frequently until cabbage is tender.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli, and sugar snap peas to skillet. Combine until all ingredients are mixed well and mushrooms are cooked and tender.
- Add another 1 tbsp of oil to skillet and add noodles, soy sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Toss with tongs to combine all ingredients.
- When all ingredients are combined, season with salt/pepper to taste.