Bacon Roasted Red Potatoes
- April 24, 2018
- 1 Comments
Who doesn’t love bacon?? These Bacon Roasted Red Potatoes are packed with so much flavor in every little bite! You’ll wonder why you haven’t made this recipe sooner!
So I have a confession to make…I’m a bit of a bacon-a-holic! I’m not sure if that’s even a real thing, but I truly feel that the smell of bacon cooking in the morning, has some type of spell over me! Lol! I know that I can’t be the only one that feels this way!
[clickToTweet tweet=”So I have a confession to make…I’m a bit of a bacon-a-holic!” quote=”So I have a confession to make…I’m a bit of a bacon-a-holic!” theme=”style1″]
These Bacon Roasted Red Potatoes have truly won my heart! I’ve cooked red potatoes before but it’s usually the same boring routine…salt/pepper/olive oil. Yep, pretty boring, right?! I wanted to switch things up and add a few new things to my recipe! I wanted to add BACON!!
Now, usually when I incorporate bacon, I will opt to use turkey bacon or bacon pieces from the salad dressing section in the grocery store. This time, I wanted to go with the real thang, ya’ll!! Lol! To keep things in moderation, I only used about 5 slices of bacon verses an entire pack. There’s nothing wrong with eating bacon, if you choose to. You just have to keep things in perspective!
The delicious part about this recipe is that I not only added crumble bacon to the potatoes prior to cooking, but I poured the remaining bacon grease from the skillet onto the potatoes to give it lots of flavor! YUMMM!!
Once I drizzled the bacon grease and added the crumbled bacon, I threw in some chopped green onions and seasonings! These Bacon Roasted Red Potatoes were the best thing ever! They are the perfect side dish to any entrée! Try them for yourself and let me know how you like them!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Bacon Roasted Red Potatoes
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes uncooked
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley minced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place potatoes in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, on medium to high heat, cook bacon until done. Remove bacon from skillet and carefully pour remaining bacon grease over the potatoes.
- Crumble bacon over potatoes and add green onions, parsley, garlic powder, and salt/pepper to taste. Combine all ingredients to distribute evenly.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes to make sure that potatoes cook evenly.
- Top with additional parsley, if desired, and enjoy!
Did you make this?
I’d love to know! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @beautifuleatsandthings