Fancy-up taco night with these Cajun Shrimp and Fish Tacos! These tacos are loaded with plenty of fresh ingredients, flavor, and tons of deliciousness!!
Taco night has become a thing in our home! Most people eat tacos on Tuesday but we eat them any night of the week! The best thing about taco night is that the whole family enjoys it! We let the kids choose their toppings, which is usually just cheese lol, while the hubs and I create a more sophisticated combination such as these, Cajun Shrimp and Fish Tacos!
The hubs and I haven’t always been this creative! Most of our taco nights would consist of ground beef, cheese, salsa, and sour cream….pretty boring, right?! Lol! We’ve expanded out palettes so much that ground beef on a taco seems like a foreign concept to us! Lol!!
We’ve always been fans of seafood and often experimented with fish tacos….but it wasn’t until a couple of weeks ago that we thought to try shrimp tacos! And, boy am I glad we did! These Cajun Shrimp and Fish Tacos were AMAZING!!
The shrimp was seasoned perfectly and complimented the fresh ingredients! My all time favorite Cajun seasoning is this, The Spice Hunter Cajun Creole Seasoning Blend. It is the perfect blend of spices without being too salty! My husband made his famous guac which took this recipe to another level! And guess what y’all?? He finally gave me the recipe to his guac!! I will be sharing that soon because I think it needs it’s very own post lol!
Try these Cajun Shrimp and Fish Tacos at your next taco night and let me know what you think! If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, check out this RECIPE!! Be sure to follow me on Pinterest and Instagram for more recipe inspo!
Cajun Shrimp and Fish Tacos
- 6 tortillas
- 1 lb shrimp peeled & devained
- 6 pieces white fish good quality
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup guacamole your favorite brand
- 1/2 cup sour cream reduced fat
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1-2 tomatoes diced
- 2-3 limes
- 1/4 cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Lay shrimp and fish in a shallow dish. Cut limes in half and squeeze juice over shrimp and fish.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and salt/pepper over shrimp and fish.
- Heat a medium skillet to medium heat and add oil. Cook shrimp and fish until done and set aside.
- Arrange tortillas on a flat surface and add the following to each: 1 romaine lettuce leaf, shredded red cabbage, approximately 1-2 tbsp. of guacamole, 1-2 tbsp. of sour cream, and tomatoes.
- Add 1 piece of fish and evenly distribute shrimp on each taco. Sprinkle cilantro on top and add sliced limes for garnish.