One Pot Garlicky Tuscan Chicken & Spinach
- January 1, 2019
- 6 Comments
Who wouldn’t love a wholesome comforting meal, that only takes one pot to prepare?? This One Pot Garlicky Tuscan Chicken & Spinach is the perfect dinner solution that your family will love!
Three…Two…One…Happy New Year!!!! Wow! I can’t believe that it is actually 2019! This year, I am all about making my life easier and less chaotic! This includes choosing my battles with my kids and not getting irritated when they want to wear their cowboy costume for the fifth time in a row! Or finally investing in that lost key device for my husband since he loses his keys every day!
This also includes more one-pot meals! One of the things that I despise the most is washing dishes! I hate having to use 3-4 pots for one recipe! This year, I promised myself to make easier recipes that were more practical and of course, delicious!
This One Pot Garlicky Tuscan Chicken & Spinach is seriously a dream come true! It’s moist, flavorful, and a complete meal made up in one pot! For this recipe, I used my new favorite Dutch Oven! I have been wanting one for a while, so I was so excited to finally get one and use it! I was able to sauté, sear, bake, and broil in the same pot!
The flavors in this recipe are so bold and unique! Whenever, I make a chicken dish I try to use different spices and flavor components to prevent it from tasting boring. For this One Pot Garlicky Tuscan Chicken & Spinach, I used chicken thighs and marinated them in a light Italian dressing.
Most people tend to steer clear from chicken thighs when trying to eat healthier because of the fat content, but I feel that it’s all about balance! Chicken thighs have so much flavor and when they’re done cooking, I usually drain off the excess oil and pair it with a ton of veggies!
While my chicken was marinating, I sautéed my mushrooms, spinach, garlic, basil, and sundried tomatoes in white cooking wine and a little oil! Once the veggies were tender, I removed them from the heat, and added my chicken thighs to the pot.
I seared it on both sides for about 2-3 minutes and removed it from the heat. I added my veggies back to the pot and baked everything for about 30 minutes covered and 20 minutes uncovered. The results were absolutely amazing! Because I used my Dutch Oven to prepare this One Pot Garlicky Tuscan Chicken & Spinach, my chicken was extremely tender and my veggies did not overcook!
I planned on saving some for my lunch the next day, but my husband ate every last bit! I guess you can see that it was a winner! Be sure to add this One Pot Garlicky Tuscan Chicken & Spinach to your weekly dinner meal rotation and let me know what you think in the comments!
Here are a few more recipes that I know you’ll love:
- Roasted Cream Cheese-Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Apple Roasted Herb Chicken
- Southwest Chicken Avocado Ranch Pasta
One Pot Garlicky Tuscan Chicken & Spinach
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup light Italian dressing
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- Fresh basil 3-4 leaves, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms washed and sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add chciekn thighs and Italian dressing. Allow chicken to sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, add oil to dutch oven and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Saute garlic, basil, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms until veggies are slightly tender. Add white cooking wine, 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning, and spinach and toss until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste and transfer veggies to a plate.
- Add chicken thighs, skin side down, and sear for 2-3 minutes per side, to develop a nice crispy skin.
- Add veggies back to the dutch oven and sprinkle 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning on top. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Bke for 30-35 minutes (covered).
- Remove cover and bake another 15-20 minutes, until chicken is completely done and cooked throughout.
- Garnish with additional basil and Enjoy!
Did you make this?
I’d love to know! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @beautifuleatsandthings
Can’t wait to try this one! Thanks
My family really enjoyed it! I would love to hear how it turns out!