Thank you so much, Crock-Pot®, for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
We LOVE wings in our home! We love them so much that we actually have “wing night” once a week! We also serve them at our holiday parties each year! My husband likes them deep fried and covered with tons of sauce…which is not always the healthiest option.
As a Registered Dietitian, I try to create a healthier version of our favorite recipes, which definitely includes wings! Thanks to my new 8-quart Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker, I was able to make these delicious Crispy Savory Pomegranate Spicy Wings with a lot less fat and tons of flavor!
The Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker is my favorite kitchen appliance because it’s so versatile! You can use it as a Pressure Cooker for a quick and delicious meal, or select the Slow Cooker setting to come back to a delicious hot meal, later on! You can also brown/sear, sauté, or steam, and now finish off foods to crispy perfection! The removable crisping lid allows for a crispy finish to be added to all dishes, including rotisserie chicken, ribs and more!
These Crispy Savory Pomegranate Spicy Wings were super easy to make! I started by making a simple marinade with pomegranate juice, jalapenos, and a few other ingredients. I set half of the marinade aside and poured the rest over my chicken wings. I let the wings sit in the marinade for about 15-20 minutes, and then I added a little salt and pepper before placing them in my Crock-Pot Express Crisp Pressure Cooker.
Using the Crock-Pot Express was also very easy. I placed my wings on the cooking rack, inside of the Crock-Pot Express, and placed the Removable Crisping Lid on top. I set the temperature to high and let the Crispy Savory Pomegranate Spicy Wings cook for a total of 30 minutes.
When the Crispy Savory Pomegranate Spicy Wings were done, I drizzled the remaining marinade on top. I can’t even begin to describe the deliciousness of these wings! They were ridiculously crispy, moist and juicy! The heat from the jalapeno paired perfectly with the sweetness of the pomegranate!
The kids loved them and my husband couldn’t believe that they were not deep fried! These were seriously some of the best wings I’ve ever had! We have our annual holiday party coming up in a couple of weeks, and these Crispy Savory Pomegranate Spicy Wings will definitely be making an appearance!
Crispy Savory Pomegranate Spicy Wings
- 3 lbs party chicken wings
- ¾ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp jalapeno minced
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, jalapeno, and garlic powder. Set half of the marinade aside and pour the remaining half over the chicken, in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Cover and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Set temperature on the Crock-Pot Express to HIGH, and adjust the temperature to 15 minutes. Place the wings on the cooking rack, inside of the Crock-Pot Express, and season with salt/pepper to taste. Place the Removable Crisping Lid on top and press the START/STOP button.
- After 15 minutes, toss the wings and repeat the 15-minute cooking process noted above.
- After the wings are done cooking, drizzle the remaining marinade on top and serve.