Thank you Tillamook for sponsoring this post. Visit your local Target to buy Tillamook Cheeses today!
Thanksgiving is almost here and I couldn’t be happier! Of course, I look forward to spending time with my family but I especially look forward to indulging in all of the delicious food! One of my favorite things to eat is my mom’s buttery biscuits! They are super yummy, but I really wanted to give them a little makeover…?
I know what you’re thinking…how can one possibly improve the already perfect flaky, buttery biscuit? By adding fresh rosemary and cheddar, of course! But not just any cheddar; I’m talking about Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Sharp Cheddar Shreds, available nationwide at Target!
I love using Tillamook cheese in my recipes because it’s made from only the highest quality ingredients. Tillamook Sharp Cheddar has been aged over nine months to obtain the perfect sharpness! And the shreds are farmstyle, meaning they are thicker and provide so much flavor in every bite! Click HERE to find Tillamook at a Target near you!
If you’re anything like me, making biscuits from scratch may seem a little intimidating but I assure you that this recipe is super quick and easy! There’s no yeast required or tons of tedious kneading involved, which means that you can easily whip up a batch of these Fluffy Rosemary Cheddar Biscuits right before dinner!
Here are a Couple of Biscuit Making Tips:
1. Make sure that the butter is cold. Cold butter is what gives the biscuits their flakiness. I recommend keeping the butter in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
2. Handle the dough as little as possible to avoid melting the butter. The butter needs to stay cold so that the biscuits bake properly.
When making these Fluffy Rosemary Cheddar Biscuits, start by combining all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Next, cut in the cold butter with a pastry cutter until the butter starts to form into tiny pea-shaped balls. Add the milk in slowly and mix until well combined, and fold in rosemary and Tillamook Sharp Cheddar.
Add the dough to a floured surface and knead it about 10 times. Flatten the dough using your hands so that it’s about 1 inch thick. Cut the biscuits using a biscuit cutter. Place onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 13-17 minutes, or until golden brown. If you’re feeling a little fancy, sprinkle a little cheese on top of the biscuits prior to baking, for a cheesy, golden topping!
These Fluffy Rosemary Cheddar Biscuits are seriously the best ever! They have the best crunch on the exterior but are super fluffy and flaky on the inside! Yum! I can’t wait to bring these biscuits to our Thanksgiving dinner! I’m sure that my mom is going to love them!
If you want to upgrade your Thanksgiving dinner, head to Target to purchase Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Sharp Cheddar Shreds and whip up a batch of these deliciously Fluffy Rosemary Cheddar Biscuits!
Fluffy Rosemary Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup butter cold
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Sharp Cheddar Shreds
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves only coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in the cold butter until butter starts to form into tiny pea-shaped balls.
- Slowly add in milk and mix with a fork until dough is just slightly sticky. Use more milk if needed. Gently fold in the Tillamook Farmstyle Thick Cut Sharp Cheddar Shreds and rosemary.
- Remove dough from the bowl and fold over about 10 times on a floured surface.
- Flatten the dough using your hands until about 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter and place biscuits on an ungreased baking pan. If desired, sprinkle a little cheese on top of the biscuits prior to baking, for a cheesy, golden topping! Bake for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown.