Thank you so much, Crock-Pot®, for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
The holiday season is officially here, and I have been busy planning and organizing the details of our holiday parties! Holiday entertaining is something that I look forward to because it seems to put everyone in the holiday spirit!
For our upcoming Christmas Party, I would like to WOW my guests with something different so I decided to serve these super flavorful Honey Mustard Glazed Cornish Hens! I know that this may sound a little silly, but I’ve always been obsessed with Cornish Hens! I think that I fell in love with its petite size and thought that it was really cool to have your own, miniature entree!
When preparing these Honey Mustard Glazed Cornish Hens, I wanted them to have a crispy outer layer so I used my 8-quart Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker, available at Kohl’s, to achieve those results! I’ve been enjoying my Crock-Pot Express because it has so many capabilities! You can use it has a Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker. You can also Brown/Sear, Sauté, Steam, and even finish off foods to a crispy perfection thanks to the removeable crisping lid!
After, I put together my simple honey mustard marinade, I brushed it onto each of the Cornish Hens and let them sit for about 15 minutes.
I placed the Cornish Hens into the Crock-Pot Express and adjusted the removeable crisping lid on top. I set the temperature on low and set the timer for a total of 40 minutes, turning the meat every 15 minutes.
I love how the removeable crisping lid gave the outer layer the most delicious, brown crust without drying out the meat. The meat remained juicy and tender, while the outside had a nice crunch. The flavor combination was absolutely delicious! It was the perfect combination of sweet and savory!
I can’t wait to serve these Honey Mustard Glazed Cornish Hens at our Christmas Party! I’m pretty sure that my guests are going to fall in love with them after the very first bite! ?
Honey Mustard Glazed Cornish Hens
- 2 Cornish Hens
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, honey juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Brush evenly over each Cornish Hen. Cover and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika on top and set temperature on the Crock-Pot Express to LOW. Adjust the temperature to 30 minutes. Place the Cornish Hens on the cooking rack, inside of the Crock-Pot Express, and season with salt/pepper to taste. Add about ¼ cup of water to the bottom of the pot and place the Removable Crisping Lid on top. Press the START/STOP button.
- After 15 minutes, turn each of the Cornish Hens and repeat the 15-minute cooking process. Turn Cornish Hens again and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- After the Cornish Hens are done cooking, let cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.