Whether you’re hosting a family cookout, or looking for a quick weeknight meal…these Grilled Steak Sliders with Onions & Blue Cheese are the perfect addition to your summer grilling menu!
Thank you, Sprouts Farmers Market, for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
How many of you are steak lovers?! My family LOVES steak! Anytime we have a cookout, my husband makes sure that he adds a couple of steaks to the grill! We usually pair our steaks with potatoes and veggies, but this time around, I wanted to do something a little different so I made Grilled Steak Sliders with Onions & Blue Cheese!
Anytime we grill, I like to head over to Sprouts Farmers Market because they have the best meat selection! The butcher helped us pick out a couple pounds of All-Natural USDA Choice Beef Skirt Steak, and we also grabbed some blue cheese, herbs, and veggies! I chose skirt steak because they cook up perfectly, and are easy to slice.
How to Make Grilled Steak Sliders
While the grill is heating up, I like to season my steak with a little Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and salt/pepper. I also like to slice my onions and prepare them to be placed on the grill.
Once the grill is ready, place the steak and onions onto the grill. Grill steak until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. I like my steaks medium rare, so I usually cook them for about 17 to 20 minutes.
When the steaks are done, transfer to a cutting board and carefully slice the steak into thin strips. Remove the onions from the grill and set them aside. Assemble sliders by adding about 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise to each slider bun, and placing the steak on bottom portion of slider bun, followed by onions and lots of blue cheese crumbles. Yum!
It’s so much fun to come up with all sorts of slider toppings, but somehow, we always end up adding blue cheese and onions to our sliders! These Grilled Steak Sliders with Onions & Blue Cheese were such a big hit! I think that these tiny sandwiches will definitely be added to our summer grilling menu!
Grilled Steak Sliders with Onions & Blue Cheese
- 1 lb. USDA Choice Beef Skirt Steak
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sprouts Paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 10 slider buns
- 3 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Prepare a charcoal, electric or gas grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Add onions to grill.
- Drizzle the steak with Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle with garlic powder, and salt/pepper to taste. Grill steak until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling.
- *Allow about 17 to 20 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove the onions from the grill and transfer the steaks to a cutting board. Carefully slice the steak into thin strips.
- Assemble sliders by adding about 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise to each slider bun, and placing the steak on bottom portion of slider bun, followed by onions and blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve and Enjoy!