This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Plant-Based promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
We’ve been enjoying more plant-based recipes in our home lately. They’re such a great way to get your family to eat a few more veggies at mealtime! While we enjoy a variety of veggies, our favorite has been yellow squash.
Yellow squash is one of those veggies that’s super versatile. I will admit that I was not a fan of yellow squash when I was younger. I didn’t think that it had much flavor and just didn’t like the fact that it was yellow. Lol! I know that seems strange, but it’s true! ?
My mom changed my mind about squash a few years ago when she made a delicious stuffed squash recipe. It was fantastic and filled with so much flavor! I enjoyed it so much that I decided to make my very own plant-based, vegan version of that recipe!
This Vegan Southwest Stuffed Squash recipe is the perfect dinner option and it’s simple enough to put together on a relaxed weeknight too!
I’m really excited to share this dish with you, because it’s one of my favorites! There are so many tasty flavors in this recipe and I’m glad that I was able to pick up everything at my local Publix during the Plant-Based promotion that’s going on now through 9/25/20.
I was able to pick up two of the Path of Life Roasted Garlic Cauliflower for $6, two of the Green Giant Red Lentil Rice for $7, and a pack of Saffron Road Chickpeas for $2.99. To get these savings, just head to your local Publix and grab the in-store Extra Savings flyer to check out a complete list of product savings included in the Plant-Based promotion! If you don’t see the Extra Savings flyer in the kiosk at the stores entrance, ask customer service for a flyer! These sale items are highlighted throughout the store for your convenience! You can also visit GettheSavings.com/plant-based for a complete list of savings.
How to Make Stuffed Yellow Squash
This recipe only requires a few simple steps. Start by slicing the squash in half and rubbing each one, lightly with olive oil and set aside.
Next, prepare the Green Giant Red Lentil Rice and Path of Life Roasted Garlic Cauliflower per the package directions. For the cauliflower, I like to prepare it in the microwave. It’s ready within minutes and super convenient!
Add some taco seasoning to the red lentil rice and start layering your ingredients. Add a few tablespoons of the red lentil rice to the squash, followed by the black beans and cauliflower. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the squash is tender.
For the finishing touch, add avocado and chickpeas. These Saffron Chickpeas added the perfect crunch and flavor to this recipe! I love how all of the flavors came together perfectly!
This dish can be eaten alone or served with a yummy side salad!
Vegan Southwest Stuffed Squash
- 5 yellow squash sliced in half
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Green Giant Red Lentil Rice
- 1 package Path of Life Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
- 2 cups Saffron Road Chickpeas
- 2 avocados peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place squash onto a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
- Prepare the Green Giant Red Lentil Rice and Path of Life Roasted Garlic Cauliflower per the package directions. Add taco seasoning to the red lentil rice and stir.
- Start layering your ingredients by adding a few tablespoons of the red lentil rice to the squash, followed by the black beans and cauliflower. Season with salt/pepper to taste. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Garnish with avocado and cilantro before serving and Enjoy!