Thank you, Edy’s®, of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream, Inc., for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
What’s your favorite summer memory?? Mine is hearing the ice cream truck drive down our street while playing an intense game of hopscotch with my cousins! The ice cream truck was seriously the highlight of my day! I loved looking at the new varieties of ice cream cones, but my favorite treat was the classic ice cream sandwich! I loved that combination of creamy ice cream paired with that cake-like cookie! Yum!!
As an adult, ice cream sandwiches still hold a dear place in my heart which is why I decided to create this fun summer treat for my kids! And of course, I decided to put my own spin on it and whipped up a batch of these Decadent Brownie Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches. I mean, who could resist the combination of brownies and ice cream!
When preparing to make this yummy treat, I went to Publix to gather everything that I needed which included Edy’s® Ice Cream. Edy’s® Ice Cream comes in a variety of flavors, including Slow Churned® Vanilla Light Ice Cream and The Original Rocky Road. My kids absolutely love The Original Rocky Road flavor! They just can’t get enough with of that classic chocolate ice cream combined with those crunchy almonds and bite size chewy marshmallows!
My favorite is the Slow Churned® ice cream because it’s so creamy and delicious! They start with fresh milk and cream, then mix the ice cream extra slowly, while holding it at extra low temperatures, resulting in Slow Churned® perfection!
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIE COOKIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Start by making your brownie cookies. Simply combine a pack of brownie mix, 2 eggs, ½ cup of oil, and 1 tablespoon of water. Using a cookie scoop, drop 1 ½ tablespoon size balls onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
Once cookies are completely cool, place a large scoop of Edy’s® Slow Churned® Vanilla Light Ice Cream or Rocky Road ice cream and in between 2 cookies. Repeat for the remaining cookies and freeze the sandwiches for about 30 minutes before serving.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Be sure that the cookies are completely cool before adding your ice cream or else your ice cream sandwich will turn into a soupy mess.
- Be prepared to place the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer as soon as you assemble them to prevent them from melting.
- If you plan on wrapping each ice cream sandwich, let the sandwiches stay in the freezer for an extra 30 minutes before wrapping. This helps to keep the sandwiches intact.
Making your own personalized ice cream sandwiches is so much fun! And it makes for the perfect summer treat! So go ahead and scoop up a little happiness with Edy’s® and give this recipe a try!
Decadent Brownie Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 18.4 oz dry brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Edy’s® Slow Churned® Vanilla Light Ice Cream
- Edy’s® Original Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, Combine the brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop 1 ½ tablespoon size balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cookies are completely cool, place a large scoop of Edy’s® Slow Churned® Classic Vanilla or Rocky Road ice cream in between 2 cookies. Repeat for the remaining cookies and freeze the sandwiches for about 30 minutes before serving.