February is the official month of L-O-V-E, so show yourself a little love with this delicious Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie! It may sound indulgent, but it’s actually packed with several nutritious benefits.
So, What’s in This Smoothie…
Strawberries: I love using frozen strawberries in this recipe because it helps to build a creamier texture, and they are a little bit more budget friendly when compared to fresh strawberries. Strawberries are rich in several nutrients, including vitamin C and antioxidants, which help to reduce the risk of chronic health conditions such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt provides a wealth of important nutrients, including probiotics and potassium. Potassium is important for maintaining your blood pressure and sodium levels.
Cashew Milk: For this recipe, cashew milk is my preferred choice because it is creamier, sweeter, and more versatile. It’s also high in B-vitamins, vitamin D, and important minerals such as zinc, magnesium, copper, calcium, and zinc.
Chia Seeds: Chia seeds work surprisingly well in smoothie recipes, and they pack a hearty nutritional punch. They’re packed with fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and several antioxidants.
Chocolate Syrup: Because I prefer a rich, sweet chocolatey taste, I like to use chocolate syrup. You can also use a combination of cocoa powder and a zero-calorie sweetener if you are watching your carb intake.
This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare and will quickly become your new favorite healthy sweet treat! Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I’d love to know! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @beautifuleatsandthings.
Want More Smoothie Recipes???
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 & 1/3 cups unsweetened cashew milk or more for a thinner texture
- 1-2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Optional: Mini chocolate chips and fresh strawberries for garnish
- Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend for about 30 to 60 seconds until the mixture is smooth.
- If desired, drizzle a small amount of chocolate syrup around the inside of the glass before pouring in the smoothie.
- Top with mini chocolate chips & fresh strawberries, and enjoy!
1 Serving: Calories: 278 | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 176mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 36g