This post has been sponsored by WhiteWave Services, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’ve got a little secret to share with you….I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!! I’ve always been a chocolate lover, but the attraction has gotten stronger in my adulthood! It’s true, lol! As an adult, I’ve fallen in love with chocolate even more!
My latest chocolate obsession has been chocolate pudding! As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I always try to find a more nutritious way to prepare my favorite foods—which is exactly what I did when I created this Non-Dairy Creamy Double Chocolate Pudding, made with Silk® Shelf-Stable Dark Chocolate Almond Milk!
This idea came to mind during one of my weekly shopping trips at Dollar General! Let me just say…Dollar General is one of my favorite stores! It’s located less than 5 minutes from my home, so I’m ALWAYS there! They carry all of my favorite brands at very reasonable prices, and you even get coupons printed on your receipts! Click HERE to locate your nearest Dollar General store!
And if you download the Dollar General digital coupon, you can save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Silk® 64 oz or TWO (2) Silk® Aseptic Packs!
I was so happy to see that Dollar General carried Silk Shelf-Stable Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, which was the perfect ingredient for my Non-Dairy Creamy Double Chocolate Pudding! I’ve always enjoyed Silk products because they’re a great way to incorporate more plant-based protein into your diet regimen, and they’re great for those that can’t tolerate dairy products that well—like myself!
To make this Non-Dairy Creamy Double Chocolate Pudding, I started off by heating my Silk Shelf-Stable Dark Chocolate Almond Milk in a small saucepan on low heat. I slowly whisked in the unsweetened cocoa powder and sugar. Once the mixture started to simmer, I poured ½ cup Silk Shelf-Stable Dark Chocolate Almond Milk into a small bowl, and whisked in the cornstarch. I slowly added the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and turned up the heat.
Once the mixture started to boil, I continued to stir for about 2 minutes and then removed it from the heat. I let it sit for about 2 minutes, transferred it to a bowl, and placed it in the refrigerator to thicken. This may take a few hours or you can keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
This Non-Dairy Creamy Double Chocolate Pudding was super chocolatey and SOOO GOOD! The texture was so creamy, rich, and decadent that you’ll forget it’s actually a nutritious snack!
Don’t forget to download the Dollar General digital coupon, and save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Silk® 64 oz or TWO (2) Silk® Aseptic Packs today! Just click HERE!
Non-Dairy Creamy Double Chocolate Pudding
- 2 Silk® Shelf-Stable Almond Milk Dark Chocolate 8oz and a ½ cup
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Heat the Silk Shelf-Stable Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, vanilla, and sugar in a saucepan on low heat. When the mixture starts to simmer, whisk in the unsweetened cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl, add ½ cup Silk Shelf-Stable Dark Chocolate Almond Milk and whisk in the cornstarch. Set aside.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high, and stir the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir frequently for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator to thicken. It gets thicker the longer it sits and will be ready to consume after a few hours or overnight.