It’s game day!! And what’s game day without Jalapeno Gameday Sliders?! These little cuties take ordinary sliders to a whole notha’ level!
I’m so excited that today is gameday!! I will be spending the day watching the Iron Bowl with my hubby…and asking tons of annoying questions!! Lol!! I love the excitement of watching football, but honestly, I don’t truly understand the game! Lol! I mean, i know about touchdowns and stuff but when it comes to the other rules and guidelines…i know nothing about that!! Lol!
When the football game comes on, my husband usually makes his way to the Man Cave and I whip up a few snacks for him and the boys! I try to come up with new recipes instead of the usual chips and dip! This time, I decided to make Jalapeno Gameday Sliders!
My husband LOVES spicy food so I thought to myself, ‘Jalapenos would be a great way to spice things up a bit!’ Even though it’s gameday, I still wanted to keep my sliders lean. I chose to use very lean ground beef, reduced fat cheese, and low fat mayo. The taste was AMAZING and with less calories and fat verses the average slider
I love making sliders because it gives you so much flavor in a perfectly sized bite! When my husband took a bite of these Jalapeno Gameday Sliders, he was speechless…in a good way, or course!! I think we may have found a new favorite game day snack!!
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!!
Jalapeno Gameday Sliders
- 12 dinner rolls sliced in half with tops off
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes/green chilies 10 oz
- 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp fried onions
- 6 slices reduced fat cheese
- 4 jalapenos sliced
- 12 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350. Place rolls on a baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes or until toasted. When rolls are toasted to your liking, spread an even amount of mayonnaise on the top and bottom of each roll. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic powder, seasoning salt, black pepper and Worcestershire. Form into 12 small patties.
- Heat skillet on medium to high heat, and add patties to skillet. Cook until patties are cooked per your preference. I prefer a well-done burger, so I cook my patties for approximately 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Cut each slice of cheese into 4 squares and place a piece of cheese on the bottom of each roll. Place burger patty on top of the cheese and add another slice of cheese on top of each patty.
- Open can of diced tomatoes/green chilies and distribute evenly on top of each patty.
- Sprinkle each patty with fried onions and place the tops of the rolls on each patty.
- Take about 2-3 slices of jalapenos and a toothpick and top each burger with jalapeno slices, sticking them in place with the toothpick.
- Serve and enjoy!