Who says that healthy eating has to be tasteless and boring?? Tomato Garlic Salmon with Zucchini Noodles is packed with flavor and is the ULTIMATE zoodle recipe! It’s so delicious that you’ll forget it contains wholesome ingredients! This recipe can be altered to be Paleo and Whole 30 approved!
Okay y’all today marks Day 1 of the 10-Day Veggie Challenge and the start of the New Year!! I’m super excited to get back on track with my weight loss journey and to start encouraging my family to eat more veggies! If you haven’t heard about my 10-Day Veggie Challenge, read about it HERE!
After all of that delicious holiday baking and eating, I definitely wanted to kick my veggie consumption into high gear! And before you ask, yes I had plenty of veggies during the holidays, but the majority of those veggies were covered with cheese or topped with some type of rich creamy sauce!! I mean, what do you do when your out-of-town family comes home and decides to cook you a delicious meal?? I couldn’t be rude, sooo I ate it! ?
This Tomato Garlic Salmon with Zucchini Noodles recipe is perfect to include in the 10-Day Veggie Challenge! Each serving has a full serving of veggies, and is low in calories and fat! It’s also VERY easy to make as long as you have a great spiralizer such as this one Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer ! I couldn’t live without it!
During our weight loss journey, my hubby and I don’t follow any strict diets. We simply watch our portions, and cook lighter meals!
With recipes like these, you will forget that you’re eating healthier! Lol! And you want to know the best part?! My kids love this recipe too!! They think the green noodles are cool! Whenever my toddlers love one of my recipes, I honestly feel like I’ve won at life! Lol!!
Tomato Garlic Salmon with Zucchini Noodles
- 4 zucchini
- 4 pieces of salmon approx. 3 oz each
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup reduced fat margarine
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ cup skim milk
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Use spiralizer to make noodles with the zucchini. Sprinkle with salt and set aside in a large bowl.
- Season salmon with Creole seasoning, thyme, salt/pepper to taste. Set aside
- In a medium skillet, on medium heat, add margarine and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Add salmon and cook for about 3 minutes on each side until salmon is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove salmon from skillet and reduce heat. Add milk to skillet and stir to create a sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt/pepper to taste, if desired.
- Add zucchini noodles to skillet and toss in sauce, allowing the sauce to coat all of the noodles. When the noodles are warm, add to serving plate and top with salmon. Pour any remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and serve.