Grilled Mediterranean Bruschetta Salmon + The Power of Salmon
- August 23, 2018
- 4 Comments
If you’re looking for a new, favorite salmon recipe, then you must try this Grilled Mediterranean Bruschetta Salmon! The incredible flavor components will definitely surprise your taste buds!
I could literally eat salmon every day, all day! Seriously! It’s one of those foods that I never get tired of because there’s so many different ways to cook it! Besides being versatile and delicious, there are several health benefits associated with eating salmon!
The Power of Salmon:
- Great Source of Omega 3s- Salmon is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, and has been linked to several health benefits, such as decreasing inflammation and helping to lower blood pressure.
- Great Source of Protein- Salmon is a great source of protein! A 3 oz serving of salmon contains approximately 20-25 grams of protein. Protein is essential for helping our bodies heal after injuries and it protects our bones and muscle mass.
- Great Source of Potassium- Salmon is also a great source of potassium! Most people often view bananas as the best source of potassium but surprisingly, one 3 oz serving provides about 18% of the recommended daily intake for most adults. Potassium is important because it contributes to properly functioning muscles and a healthy fluid balance. It also helps to lower blood pressure!
I’ve experimented with a few salmon recipes, such as this Garlic Lemon Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce in Foil and Citrus Salmon & Beet Salad recipe, but I would have to say that this Grilled Mediterranean Bruschetta Salmon is my favorite at the moment!
For this Grilled Mediterranean Bruschetta Salmon recipe, I wanted to try something different. I was inspired by this Mediterranean salad that my husband is obsessed with! Every time we go to our favorite grocery store, he goes to the salad bar and makes a random plate of olives, tomatoes, garlic, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese tossed in a vinaigrette. Sounds delish, right?!
I wanted to recreate that olive tomato concoction and use it as a topping for my salmon! I think this was possibly the best idea that I’ve had all year! Lol! I started off by marinating my salmon in a balsamic vinaigrette before cooking it on my stovetop grill.
I use balsamic vinaigrette in a lot of my recipes because it’s so versatile! It can be made to accompany a sweet or savory recipe! While my salmon was marinating, I whipped up my Mediterranean Bruschetta by combining the feta, tomatoes, onions, olives, and herbs. Once the salmon was done, I topped it with the Mediterranean Bruschetta!
This Grilled Mediterranean Bruschetta Salmon was unbelievable! I’m not a huge olive eater, but I ate every last one of the olives in this recipe! It really brought out the acidic and savory flavors in the salmon! The diced tomatoes and herbs added an element of freshness which was amazing! Go ahead and try this recipe tonight! I would love to hear what you think!
Grilled Mediterranean Bruschetta Salmon
- 6 pieces salmon 3 oz/pc
- 6 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
For the Mediterranean Bruschetta:
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tomato diced
- ¼ cup green onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil minced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano minced
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Place salmon, 6 tbsp of Balsamic Vinaigrette, garlic powder, a salt/pepper in a large bowl and make sure that the salmon is coated with all of the ingredients. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- To make Mediterranean Bruschetta, combine feta cheese, tomatoes, green onions, olives, basil, and oregano in a medium bowl. Add salt/pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add oil to stove-top grill and heat grill to medium heat. Cook salmon for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Arrange salmon on a serving platter and top with Mediterranean Bruschetta.
Did you make this?
I’d love to know! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @beautifuleatsandthings
Excellent. A great way to fix salmon that’s different! We really enjoyed this. Thx!
Thanks for giving it a try!