Breakfast toasts are so simple to make and come with a variety of options! This Berry Breakfast Toast will satisfy your sweet tooth and help you get the day started off right!
This breakfast toast combo was inspired by an excess of frozen fruit in the freezer. My husband and I were on a breakfast smoothie kick and went overboard when purchasing the fruit. Well, needless to say, we eventually got tired of the breakfast smoothies and wanted something different. I decided to pair the frozen berries with Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and a peanut butter drizzle! I mean, how can you NOT like that combo!
Berry Breakfast Toast
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread I like to use bread that has 40 calories or less per slice
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Thaw frozen berries.
- Toast 2 slices of whole wheat bread and let cool. Once cooled, evenly spread Greek yogurt over both pieces of toast.
- Top each toast with berries.
- Place 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in a small microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds or until soft. Add coconut oil.
- Drizzle peanut mixture over toast and sprinkle with cinnamon.