Deviled eggs are a Southern favorite and the perfect appetizer for the holiday season. So for your next party, surprise your guests with these Garlic Shrimp Stuffed Deviled Eggs! They will never want a plain, ol’ deviled egg again!
HAPPY NATIONAL DEVILED EGG DAY!!! Like seriously, today is National Deviled Egg Day! Lol! So why not celebrate this momentous occasion with Garlic Shrimp Stuffed Deviled Eggs! Yayy!! Okay, so let me tell you a little background info about me and these tasty little critters…deviled eggs and I have not always been the best of friends! Lol! My mom makes the BEST deviled eggs and would make them all the time, when I was younger. I would never eat them because I didn’t like egg yolks! Whenever I ate boiled eggs, I would remove the egg yolk and throw it away! I just couldn’t fathom the idea of eating mashed egg yolks! Lol. This all changed once I became pregnant with my first son…
For some reason, my first pregnancy made me crave deviled eggs, like all the time! It was at that moment I realized how delicious these wonderful little creations were! I mean, what was I thinking all of those years?! How could I dislike that creamy goodness that was perfectly placed on a perfectly cooked egg white?? My new found love and friendship for deviled eggs caused me to think of other ways to enjoy them, hence the development of these yummy Garlic Shrimp Stuffed Deviled Eggs!!
Making deviled eggs intimidates me, probably because I don’t think that mine would turn out as good as my mom’s. That’s a tough act to follow! So whenever I want deviled eggs, I just call my mom! I have to sneak these into the house because if my husband gets a hold of them first, there will be none left for me! Lol! My mom was so kind to give me her recipe and I am passing it along to you guys, with my special touch added to it! I’m telling y’all, I seriously think that deviled eggs and shrimp were meant to be together! It’s like the most perfect marriage, ever! For your next party, be sure to wow your guests with these Garlic Shrimp Stuffed Deviled Eggs!
Garlic Shrimp Stuffed Deviled Eggs
- 12 jumbo eggs hard-boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp sweet relish
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup thawed cooked salad shrimp
- 1 tbsp reduced fat margarine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp green onions finely chopped
- ½ tsp Creole seasoning
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- Halve eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Place in a small bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, mustard, sweet relish, and sugar. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture and place in refrigerator.
- Melt margarine in a skillet, on medium heat. Add in garlic, green onions, creole seasoning, and shrimp. Cook and stir for approximately 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, slightly.
- Remove deviled eggs from refrigerator and top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with additional green onions and a dash of paprika.