Whenever I’m throwing a party, a colorful, nutritious salad is a MUST!! This Orange Pomegranate and Walnut Salad is the ultimate crowd pleaser! Give it a try at your next event!!
OMG!! Christmas is almost here!!! Woohoo! In case you can’t tell, I’m super excited! Lol! I just LOVE Christmas time!! My favorite thing about Christmas is our annual holiday party!! My husband and I throw an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party every year and I always try to add something new to the menu!
This year, I decided to make an Orange Pomegranate and Walnut Salad! I’ve made this salad several times for my family, but I never thought to serve it at a party until one of my friends told me that she was a new vegetarian! I try to accommodate my guests as much as I possibly can, so I thought this would be the perfect addition!
When making this salad, I love to use mandarin oranges instead of freshly sliced oranges. I can’t explain it, but I really like the taste of mandarin oranges on my salad! Lol! The pomegranate seeds paired PERFECTLY with the oranges! And when you add the walnuts and feta….there are seriously no words to describe all of that deliciousness!! Personally, I can eat this salad without any salad dressing, but this time I chose to top it with a Honey Dijon Dressing! It added just the right touch! You’ve GOT to try this recipe at your next party or for your family! It’s super easy and provides so much healthy goodness!
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more healthy recipe inspiration!
Orange Pomegranate and Walnut Salad
- 6 cups spring salad mix
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges drained
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced fat feta crumbled
For the Honey Dijon Dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together spring salad mix, pomegranate seeds, mandarin oranges, and walnuts.
- Arrange salad on a large platter.
- To make the dressing: whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad, add feta, and serve.
- Top with additional pomegranates, feta, and walnuts if desired. Enjoy!