Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Over Noodles
- June 5, 2018
- 5 Comments
If you’re a fan of ramen noodles then you’ll definitely wanna make this recipe! Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Over Noodles is a super quick and easy meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Okay yall, I’ve got another ramen noodle dish for you, Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Over Noodles! Honestly, I was going to use another type of noodle for this recipe but the hubs had bought 2 huge boxes of ramen noodles, so that was my only option! Lol! Ever since I made my last ramen noodle recipe, which you can check out HERE, he’s been buying those tasty packs in bulk!
The thought for this recipe came to mind when I was shopping at my favorite grocery store and saw the most beautiful assortment of pineapple! They had chopped pineapple, sliced pineapple, pineapple chunks, pineapple kabobs, whole pineapple….yeah I know that I sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump, lol, but I was really mesmerized! ?
I grabbed a package of the pre-sliced pineapples, a package of boneless chicken, and headed towards the checkout. When I got home, I started prepping my chicken with this amazing teriyaki sauce (check it out here Red Shell Teriyaki Sauce 12 fl.oz.) and the pineapple slices. It didn’t have enough of the pineapple flavor so I opened up a can of canned pineapple slices!
I already know what you’re thinking! Yes, I bought fresh pineapple with every intention of using it but I needed some of that pineapple juice in my marinade. Sure, I could’ve pureed or juiced the fresh pineapple, but I was rushing to get dinner on the table so that canned pineapple was my hero!
Once I added the pineapple juice to the marinade, it was complete and smelled sooo good! I marinated the chicken in half of the marinade for a few minutes and then cooked it in my skillet! I also added a few of those pineapple slices to give them a good sear! Once the chicken was done, I removed it from the skillet and added my veggies.
I sautéed those veggies until tender and tossed in my noodles and added the rest of the marinade. I placed the chicken on top and we were ready to eat! This meal will provide about 4 servings, so I was thrilled to know that I would have leftovers…but after my husband ate his 1st serving (in like 2 seconds lol), he went back for more, so we only had 1 little serving left! I took that for lunch and it tasted even more incredible the next day!!
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Over Noodles
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 20oz can sliced pineapples in 100% juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt/pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 chicken breasts boneless & skinless cut into pieces
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 packages of cooked ramen noodles
- 5-6 pineapple slices optional
- In a medium bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, 1/4 cup of pineapple juice, red pepper, about ½ of the minced garlic, and salt/pepper to taste. Set aside half of the marinade into another bowl, and place chicken in medium bowl. Cover and let sit for about 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add 2 tsbp of oil. Place chicken in skillet and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked; about 6-7 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from skillet.
- It the same skillet, add 2 tbsp of oil, broccoli slaw, broccoli florets, and the rest of the minced garlic. Cook until veggies are tender. Add pineapples at the end to brown, slightly
- Add cooked ramen noodles and remaining marinade to skillet. Toss until all ingredients are combined. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Add chicken on top and serve.
Did you make this?
I’d love to know! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @beautifuleatsandthings
Made this tonight and it was delicious!!
Thank you! I’m so glad you enjoyed it! ?
I made this two weeks ago and I’m putting the ingredients on our grocery list for this week. Thank you for such a delicious and healthy take on chicken!
Thank you! I’m so glad that you enjoyed it!! ?