I received compensation from Alka-Seltzer® to write this post. All opinions are entirely my own. #MyFoodMoment #CollectiveBias
Who would’ve thought that sweet potatoes could be so versatile! As a kid, the only way I ate sweet potatoes was covered in butter, sugar, and cinnamon….and it was usually around the holidays!
Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy sweet potatoes the old-fashioned way but I’ve grown to enjoy them in a much healthier, savory way! These Loaded Spicy Southwest Chicken Sweet Potatoes are a favorite in my house! I absolutely LOVE spicy food but it doesn’t return that same love….
I struggle with occasional heartburn, especially at night. Dinner is usually our biggest meal (and best meal) of the day so if we have something spicy, I will experience occasional heartburn with sleeplessness!
Whenever I make these Loaded Spicy Southwest Chicken Sweet Potatoes I always pay the price later! Sure, I could pull back on the spice and extra jalapenos, but that’s what makes them soooo good! I don’t have the heart to do that lol!
Thankfully, I’ve found a solution to my problems! During my weekly shopping trip to Walmart, I was thrilled to see that Walmart carried a PM Alka-Seltzer® product: Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies ! I was even more thrilled that I was able to save some big bucks off any Alka-Seltzer® product! Click HERE to download your coupon!
The next time I made these Loaded Spicy Southwest Chicken Sweet Potatoes, I was able to fully enjoy every bite without any worries! I keep these Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies by my bed just in case that occasional heartburn with sleeplessness strikes!
Check out the recipe for these Loaded Spicy Southwest Chicken Sweet Potatoes below, and click HERE for more information about Alka-Seltzer® PM Gummies!
Loaded Spicy Southwest Chicken Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup black beans
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- 4 boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 4 jalapenos sliced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each sweet potato in foil and place in a baking dish. Bake sweet potatoes for about 45 min or until soft.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, in a medium bowl, add chicken, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, and garlic powder. Toss until chicken is coated evenly with seasonings. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, on medium heat, add oil and chicken. Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked throughout. Remove from heat.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, slice in half and place on serving dish. Top each half evenly with chicken, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, and sour cream.