Summer grillin’ isn’t complete until you’ve had these Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Veggie Kabobs! These healthy kabobs are stuffed with plenty of veggies, and of course, perfectly seasoned chicken!
Okay, y’all….we’re officially into the hot summer season which means cookouts, pool parties, and grilling! This is my husband’s favorite time of the year because he gets to grill as much as he wants! The grill, next to his beloved man-cave, is his most prized possession! I don’t mind that he completely takes over the grill because I can’t make a good fire to save my life! I’ve tried and failed, miserably! Lol!
In the past, our cookouts would consist of pork ribs, sausage, hot dogs, and more pork, etc…lol! Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy a good rib every now and then, but we’ve learned how to grill a little bit healthier! We started adding veggies and even fruit to the grill!
Over the past weekend, we wanted to do something a little different so we made Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Veggie Kabobs! Man, these kabobs were sooo good! The secret to this recipe was the balsamic chicken! I marinated the chicken in a balsamic vinaigrette and lightly seasoned it before adding it to my wooden skewers.
When using wooden skewers, such as these Farberware BBQ Bamboo Skewers, 75 Count, 12-Inch, Natural, I recommend soaking them in water for about 30 minutes to help prevent burning. I ALWAYS keep wooden skewers on hand for food and craft projects! They’re so handy!! Once you’ve prepped your Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Veggie Kabobs, add them to your grill and cook for about 20 minutes or until chicken is completely done and veggies are tender.
These Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Veggie Kabobs were so flavorful and delicious! Even the kids loved them, which is always a plus in my book! If you don’t want to cook these on a charcoal or gas grill, you can always use a stovetop grill like THIS ONE! I got this for my birthday and it was the best gift ever! I hope that you enjoy this recipe and let me know what you think!
Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Veggie Kabobs
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenderloins cut into pieces
- 4 zucchini sliced
- 2 purple onions coursely chopped
- 12-15 baby bell peppers
- 16 oz whole mushrooms
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette reduced fat
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- wooden skewers
- Prepare and heat charcoal or gas grill.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, zucchini, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, balsamic vinaigrette, and garlic powder. Toss until all ingredients are combined. Add salt/pepper to taste. Cover and set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Arrange ingredients on skewers and place on grill. Cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and veggies are tender.