This post was sponsored by Eckrich Smoked Sausage. All opinions are truly my own!
It’s that time of year y’all! That’s right, back-to-school! Yayy!! This can be both an exciting and stressful time for families. The kids are starting a new routine, and as a mom, this can cause some major chaos. It can also cause a few happy tears as you realize that your babies are no longer babies anymore! 🙂
In comes Eckrich. To save time during those busy back-to-school mornings, look to Eckrich to help you whip up these quick & Easy Morning Sausage & Apple Breakfast Skewers! This simple breakfast took less than 30 minutes to make and was absolutely delicious, mainly because they were made with Eckrich Original Skinless Smoked Sausage! Eckrich Original Skinless Smoked Sausage has a rich, savory taste because it’s crafted with just the right blend of spices that make ANY recipe super flavorful and can be found in the Deli section at your local grocery store!
These Easy Morning Sausage & Apple Breakfast Skewers can be made anytime, but I especially like to make them on the first day of school to help send the kids off with a smile on their faces. Whenever I cook these, I usually get a high-five from my boys which pretty much means I’m a cool mom! 🙂
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, making sure that my kids have a wholesome breakfast is my ultimate goal. Whenever I cook with Eckrich, I feel confident that I am cooking with quality ingredients. It reminds me of my childhood because my mom would cook Eckrich Smoked Sausage for breakfast on special occasions!
If we had a big exam, I would wake up to the smell of that delicious smoked sausage and know that it was going to be a great day. There’s such a wide variety of flavors and forms, including rope and links, but my mom would cook the links and pair it with a bowl of warm grits! Ahhh, memories! 🙂
For more info about Eckrich Smoked Sausage, as well as quick and easy recipes please visit www.eckrich.com.
Nowadays, I’m carrying on this same tradition and cooking Eckrich Smoked Sausage for my family. It’s my perfect go-to ingredient that allows me to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family! I’d say that’s a win-win!! To learn more about Eckrich Smoked Sausage, click HERE!
This sponsored post was written by me on behalf of Eckrich Smoked Sausage!
Easy Morning Sausage & Apple Breakfast Skewers
- 1 package Eckrich Original Skinless Smoked Sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 apples cored and sliced
- 2 large potatoes cut into medium-sized cubes
- 3 tbsp. oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- *wooden skewers*
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium to high heat. Season potatoes with salt & pepper to taste and add to skillet. Cook potatoes for about 15 minutes or until inside is soft. Be sure to turn potatoes frequently.
- When the potatoes are almost done, add Eckrich Original Skinless Smoked Sausage and cook until done. Remove skillet from heat and set aside to let cool, slightly.
- Once potatoes and sausage have slightly cooled and can be handled safely with your hands, arrange them on the wooden skewers, adding apple slices in between.