Thank you Modern Table for sponsoring this post. This delicious, complete protein pasta is made from just three plant-based ingredients — eat clean with Modern Table pasta today!
How are you guys doing with those healthy new year’s resolutions?? I will be honest and say that it has been a struggle to make healthier choices daily, but I’m happy with the progress that I’ve made so far. A couple of my resolutions included taking more time for myself and making sure that my family has a wholesome, nutritious meal every night.
I’ve dedicated one day to myself that includes several self-care activities, and I’ve also experimented with a few new nutritious recipes, featuring one of my favorite nutrition-packed pastas, Modern Table! If you haven’t heard about Modern Table pastas, I’m here to give you the complete rundown!
All pastas are lentil-based and contain complete proteins – meaning they have the 9 essential amino acids our bodies need for strong energy, good digestion, and muscle health. It contains an awesome amount of protein per serving and it tastes amazing!
Modern Table pastas are for those looking for a healthy lifestyle, and a perfect way to get more nutrition from your meals — a blend of nutrition, with the texture of tradition. I decided to use the Modern Table Lentil Elbows Pasta in my Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie Pasta recipe. This recipe was made with lots of veggies, herbs, and reduced-fat ingredients to help keep things light and healthy for my family!
When preparing my Modern Table Lentil Elbows Pasta, I followed the package directions and they came out perfectly. I set my noodles aside, while I cooked my chicken in my cast iron skillet.
Once the chicken was done, I removed the chicken from the skillet and added my veggies and herbs. When my veggies were tender, I reduced the heat and added my chicken broth and fat-free cream. It’s very important to reduce the heat before adding the cream to prevent it from scorching.
Once the mixture came to a simmer, I added my Modern Table Lentil Elbows Pasta and seasoned it with salt and pepper to my taste. When I took a bite, I couldn’t believe that this Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie Pasta contained so much flavor! It literally tasted like a creamy chicken pot pie, but made with healthier ingredients!
One of the greatest things about this recipe is that my nephew, who is sensitive to gluten, was able to enjoy it! It warmed my heart to know that I made a tasty, wholesome meal for my ENTIRE family! You don’t have to give up the good stuff, because the stuff you want is good. Now you can have your pasta and eat it too! It looks like I will be able to stick to my new year’s resolutions after all! ? For more information about Modern Table pastas, click HERE!
Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
- 8 oz Modern Table Lentil Elbows Pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless & skinless
- 3 tbsp oil
- 8 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 and ¾ cup cup fat-free cream
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded cheese Colby Jack
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 and ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Cook Modern Table Lentil Elbows Pasta per package directions and set aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with 1 and ½ tbsp of garlic powder and 2 tsp of seasoning salt. Heat a large skillet, on med-high heat, and add 2 tbsp oil and chicken breast to skillet.
- Cook chicken until brown on both sides, and cooked thoroughly throughout. Remove chicken from skillet and cut into pieces. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the same skillet, and add mixed vegetables and thyme. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Reduce heat and add chicken broth and cream. Stir until mixture starts to simmer. Add in Modern Table Lentil Elbows Pasta and shredded cheese. Stir until combined and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt/pepper to taste and Enjoy!