Thank you, Sprouts Farmers Market, for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream for…..POPCORN!!! Lol! You weren’t expecting me to say popcorn, huh?? ? My favorite snack in the whole world is popcorn! I love it because it’s so versatile! You can make it sweet or savory. I love adding different spices and herbs, and seeing what I come up with!
Besides being delicious, did you know that popcorn is actually pretty good for you?!
- A cup of plain popcorn only contains around 31 calories (compared to a cup of regular potato chips which holds around 139 calories).
- Popcorn contains fiber and is the only snack that’s 100% whole grain.
- A serving of popcorn contains more antioxidants than a day’s worth of fruits and vegetables.
I wanted to create a new popcorn recipe to watch the Academy Awards on Sunday, so I grabbed a few things from Sprouts Farmers Market! I got some kernels from the Bulk Department, and picked out some fresh rosemary and spices! I love shopping at Sprouts Farmers Market because they have the best selection of products at very affordable prices!
Now that I had my ingredients, I decided to make Spicy Paprika Rosemary Garlic Stovetop Popcorn! I love to make stovetop popcorn because it reminds me of the movie theater and it’s very easy to make! I started by heating a few tablespoons of oil in a large pot. Then I added my kernels and spices.
I covered the pot and allowed the kernels to pop until done. I transferred the popcorn to a large bowl and added fresh rosemary and a dash of paprika! This Spicy Paprika Rosemary Garlic Stovetop Popcorn was seriously amazing!
This was my first time adding fresh herbs to my popcorn and I was pleasantly surprised! The rosemary added an element of freshness and complimented the spices perfectly! Now that we have our popcorn, it’s time to sit back, relax, and tune in to the Academy Awards!
Spicy Paprika Rosemary Garlic Stovetop Popcorn
- ½ cup Sprouts Popcorn kernels
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 and ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Sprouts Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Sprouts Cayenne Pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary minced
- Salt to taste
- n a large, thick-bottomed pot, heat ¼ cup of oil on medium to high heat.
- Add 1 and ½ tablespoons of garlic powder and ½ cup Sprouts Popcorn Kernels to the pot. Stir and make sure that the kernels form an even layer on the bottom of the pot. Cover with lid.
- As the kernels pop, shake the pot a couple of times to help prevent burning.
- When the popping starts to slow down, remove from heat and keep covered.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of Sprouts Paprika, ½ teaspoon of Sprouts Cayenne Pepper, and minced rosemary. Sprinkle over popcorn and toss.
- Season with salt to taste and enjoy!