This post was sponsored by Byron’s BBQ and Rich Products. As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my very own!
Happy National BBQ Month, y’all!! And what better way to celebrate than with a BBQ breakfast, made even easier with Byron’s heat-and-eat Pork BBQ from Sam’s Club!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day…I’m sure you’ve heard this a gazillion times!! As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I’m here to set the record straight and tell you that they are exactly RIGHT!
Did You Know…???
Breakfast is super important because it helps to jump-start your metabolism and fuel your body for an eventful day. When you eat breakfast, you’re telling your body that there are plenty of good calories and nutrients to tackle anything!
When deciding on what to eat for breakfast, I’m a huge fan of Power Bowls! Power Bowls are quick and easy meals that include a significant amount of “power foods” that are satisfying, physically and mentally. This BBQ Pulled Pork Power Breakfast Bowl, made with Byron’s Pork BBQ, fits that description perfectly!
If you haven’t tried Byron’s Pork BBQ, then you’re definitely missing out on a real treat! Besides providing a great source of protein from the most tender, juicy pork that’s hickory smoked for over 8 hours, Byron’s Pork BBQ is gluten free, made with no artificial ingredients or preservatives, and can be enjoyed for an easy meal or as a filling snack!
Byron’s is one of the best-loved ready-made BBQ, exclusively available at Sam’s Club! You can find this item in the freezer section, or just click HERE! I also grabbed some kale, bell peppers, onions, and eggs to complete my BBQ Pulled Pork Power Breakfast Bowl!
Byron’s Pork BBQ was very easy to prepare. I simply removed the outer packaging and placed it into the oven according to the directions on the package. While my pork was cooking, I boiled my eggs and sautéed my kale, bell peppers, and onions.
For my power breakfast bowls, I prefer soft boiled eggs, so I boil my eggs for about 7-10 minutes. Once my ingredients were done, I placed a hefty serving of Byron’s Pork BBQ, kale, bell peppers, and onions into my bowl. For the finishing touch, I place a sliced, soft-boiled egg on top and sprinkled it with a little seasoning salt!
And there you have it! A deliciously satisfying breakfast that was super easy to prepare! So, how are you celebrating National BBQ Month?? Let me know in the comments below!
BBQ Pulled Pork Power Breakfast Bowl
- 1 lb Byron’s Pork BBQ
- 4 eggs
- 2 bunches kale stems removed
- 1 purple onion sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Optional: Seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook Byron’s Pulled Pork per package directions.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add eggs; boil for 7-10 minutes. Plunge eggs into ice water and let stand 1 minute. Drain and peel. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add the onions and bell peppers. Cook until veggies are soft and tender. Season with salt/pepper to taste, and remove from skillet.
- Add kale to that same skillet and cook until tender. Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Add kale, bell pepper and onion mixture, and Byron’s Pulled Pork into a bowl. Slice egg in half and place on top. Drizzle with a little seasoning salt, if desired.