Why You Should Eat More Soy Protein + Beef Salad with Ginger Soy Dressing
- August 29, 2019
- 0 Comments
Thank you, Soy Connection, for sponsoring this post! I received compensation to write this post, but as always, all opinions expressed are truly my own.
As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, I am always asked about the top healthiest foods to add to a typical diet regimen. While there are tons of foods that carry a great amount of nutritional value, my number one recommendation is soy protein.
Soy is my top choice because it is the only plant protein that carries an FDA heart health claim, recognizing that soy may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. Soy is one of the most complete sources of plant-based protein available, and it provides all essential amino acids.
Soy protein is rich in folate, potassium and fiber. Because of its nutritional content, I often like to add soy protein to my recipes either via edamame, tofu, soymilk, etc., such as in this Beef Salad with Ginger Soy Dressing recipe from SoyConnection.com.
The highlight of this recipe is definitely the soy dressing which is made with heart healthy soybean oil. Most people are unaware of this but most vegetable oil sold in your local grocery store is actually soybean oil. It’s true, just check the ingredients list! Soybean oil is a rich source of omega-3s and is great for baking, sautéing/frying, dips, and dressings! The smoothness from the soybean oil combined with bold flavors, such as ginger and soy sauce, gives this recipe so much zest!
The edamame, which are young, less mature soybeans, gave this salad great texture and a nice crunch! It’s the perfect addition to almost any dish! Another great thing about soybeans is that they are U.S. grown and certified sustainable. This is important because the demand for sustainably produced, plant-based foods continues to increase. Consumers are wanting to know that their food choices are benefiting the environment, as well as providing a great source of nutrients.
This Beef Salad with Ginger Soy Dressing recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal or for entertaining a few friends! Visit SoyConnection.com for more delicious recipes made with heart healthy U.S. soy!
Beef Salad with Ginger Soy Dressing- Recipe from SoyConnection.com
GINGER SOY DRESSING
- 1/2 cup Soybean oil
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Fresh green onion chopped
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Ginger Soy Dressing divided
- 8 cups Baby salad greens
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 1 cup Frozen edamame shelled, cooked according to pkg directions
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 pound Flat iron or flank steak
- TO PREPARE GINGER SOY DRESSING: Place all Ginger Soy Dressing ingredients in food processor or blender. Process until smooth; cover and refrigerate.
- TO PREPARE BEEF SALAD: Cook beef to your desired doneness and set aside. Combine greens, carrots, edamame and tomatoes in large bowl. Drizzle with 1/4 cup Ginger Soy Dressing; toss lightly. Divide onto 4 serving plates; top with sliced beef and remaining dressing.
Did you make this?
I’d love to know! Please let me know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @beautifuleatsandthings