This Herby Apple Sausage Butternut Squash Galette is filled with apples, sausage, and cheese. It’s the perfect Fall weeknight dinner recipe or entrée!
Thank you, Sprouts Farmers Market, for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own!
I absolutely love galettes! Pies have always seemed like too much work…unless you’re going for that “rustic” look, but galettes are rustic and natural looking all on their own! You can arrange them any way you want and they will always look great!
Most galettes are typically sweet. This is probably because a galette is the perfect way to quickly make a warm, hot dessert, but you can also incorporate a few savory flavors and turn it into an amazing entrée! I wanted to experiment with a few Fall flavors, so I decided to make this Herby Apple Sausage Butternut Squash Galette!
I purchased my fresh fruit and veggies from Sprouts Farmers Market because they have the BEST selection of produce! Click HERE for great tips on what to look for when buying apples! They also have a great assortment of fresh herbs and spices, which also made their way into my recipe! ?
When preparing this Herby Apple Sausage Butternut Squash Galette, I decided to save some time and used a prepared croissant dough. You can definitely choose to make your own dough, but I’m all about reducing my prep time in the kitchen! Simply roll the dough out onto a greased baking sheet and set it aside until you’re ready to add your ingredients.
To make the savory galette filling, cook the sausage in a medium skillet on medium-high heat, until the sausage is brown and thoroughly cooked. Remove sausage from the skillet and add in the butternut squash and sliced apples.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the dough and pile the apple and sausage filling in the center. Sprinkle a few herbs on top, and fold up the sides and don’t worry about it being perfectly round or if it has jagged edges – that’s part of the appeal of a galette! Brush the dough with a beaten egg, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the dough. Lastly, throw the galette in the oven.
When your Herby Apple Sausage Butternut Squash Galette comes out of the oven, you will have a savory apple dish that is perfect for a Fall lunch or dinner. Pair with a glass of white wine and you’re all set! Enjoy!
Herby Apple Sausage Butternut Squash Galette
- 1 can refrigerated croissant dough
- 2 red delicious apples sliced
- 1 small butternut squash cut into cubes
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- ½ cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tsp fresh sage minced
- 1 tsp Sprouts Brand Dried Rosemary
- 1 and ½ tsp Sprouts Brand Paprika
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- *1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil on medium heat and sauté butternut squash. Add sausage and cook until done. Be sure to break apart sausage while cooking. Set aside.
- Place croissant dough on a greased baking sheet pans and sprinkle mozzarella cheese in the center of the dough. Top with sausage and squash mixture, and apples. Sprinkle sage, rosemary, paprika, and salt/pepper to taste on top.
- Fold edges of croissant dough inwards and apply an egg wash to the crust to give it a golden-brown finish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes and Enjoy!