Thank you, Oregon Berries, for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
Blackberries are one of my favorite things to eat! I love that you can pair them with sweet or savory ingredients, and I especially love to incorporate them into my holiday recipes!
Now, I know what you’re thinking…” Aren’t blackberries only available in the summertime?” While fresh blackberries are typically available throughout the summer months, you’ll be surprised to know that you can actually find Oregon blackberries in your freezer section all year long! Oregon berries are picked at the peak of ripeness and frozen within 24 hrs of being picked, locking in maximum taste, juiciness and nutrition.
These frozen berries are super convenient! You can use just what you need and save the rest for later. I usually keep a large bag of frozen Oregon berries in my freezer for smoothies and other yummy recipes, such as these Easy 5-Ingredient Skillet Blackberry Sweet Rolls!
These Easy 5-Ingredient Skillet Blackberry Sweet Rolls were VERY easy to make, and did I mention that they only require 5 ingredients! ? I saved some time by using a premade crescent roll dough. My filling consisted of frozen Oregon blackberries, sugar, and vanilla. I combined these ingredients in my blender and applied a generous layer of the filling onto the dough, along with a little softened butter.
I rolled the dough and cut it into about 1-inch thick rolls. I placed the rolls into a small, greased cast-iron skillet and let it bake for about 20-25 minutes. For the finishing touch, I drizzled a little icing on top, made with powdered sugar and a little milk, but this step is totally optional!
These Easy 5-Ingredient Skillet Blackberry Sweet Rolls were absolutely amazing! The tartness and sweetness of the blackberries really brought this recipe to life! The result was a sweet and tangy roll full of delicious flavor! But let’s be honest, here…you really can’t go wrong with any recipe that includes Oregon berries! Besides being oh-so-tasty, Oregon berries contain a ton of health benefits! They’re rich in antioxidants, fiber, and phytochemicals. They also contain a great amount if Vitamin C, which is crucial for building and maintaining strong bones.
These Easy 5-Ingredient Skillet Blackberry Sweet Rolls are the perfect treat for your next holiday gathering, but I highly recommend making more than 1 batch because they are just too irresistible! Plus, you will want leftovers. ? Check out the recipe below, and for more information about Oregon berries, visit www.oregon-berries.com .
Easy 5-Ingredient Skillet Blackberry Sweet Rolls
- 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 and ½ cups frozen Oregon blackberries thawed
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Optional: 1 cup powdered sugar and 1-2 tablespoons milk for icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent dough and pinch seams together to create one large sheet. Spread dough with softened butter and set aside.
- Combine blackberries, sugar and vanilla in a blender and spread over the buttered dough. Roll the dough into a log, and cut into about 8-10 rolls. Place rolls in small, greased cast-iron skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle any of the remaining blackberry filling on top of the rolls. Top with icing, if desired, and serve warm.
For the Icing:
- With a fork, stir together 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1-2 tablespoons of milk until smooth and pourable.