Thank you so much, Crock-Pot®, for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I couldn’t be happier! I love catching up with my family and friends, but one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is definitely the food! Each year, my family gets together for Thanksgiving dinner and everyone contributes a dish! It’s like a big ol’ Thanksgiving potluck! ?
I usually play it safe and bring some sort of salad, but this year I’m stepping my game up and bringing these 5-Spice Dry Rub Ribs! I know what you’re thinking…isn’t it a little too cold to grill ribs outside?? And the answer is, Yes! Lol! I have no intentions of grilling and freezing my buns off at the same time, so I decided to use my new 8-quart Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker to make the most perfect tender, crispy ribs!
The Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker is a kitchen must-have! I literally use it for everything! You can use it as a Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker! When used as a Pressure Cooker, it cooks up to 70% faster than traditional cooking! Thanks to the removable crisping lid, you can also sear, sauté, or steam, and even add a crispy finish to some of your favorite foods such as rotisserie chicken, ribs and more!
To give these ribs a unique delicious flavor, I decided to use a homemade dry rub seasoning that included 5-Spice. You will be blown away by this flavor combination! To get started, I rubbed a little oil on the ribs and then coated the ribs in my dry rub.
I cut the ribs into about 6 pieces and placed them on the cooking rack, inside of the Crock-Pot Express. I added about ¼ cup of water to the bottom of the pot and placed the Removable Crisping Lid on top. I set the temperature to high and let the 5-Spice Dry Rub Ribs cook for 30 minutes. Yes, it only took 30 minutes to fully cook these flavorful, tender ribs!!
The meat was super juicy and the outer layer was perfectly crispy! The 5-Spice dry rub paired very well with the pork, and instantly made you think of the holidays! I think that I’ve found a new way to cook my ribs!
These 5-Spice Dry Rub Ribs were super easy to make! All you need is 30 minutes and your Crock-Pot Express, which is available at Kohl’s! I’m so excited to surprise my family at this year’s Thanksgiving dinner and with these 5-Spice Dry Rub Ribs! They are seriously the best ever!
The Best Ever 5-Spice Dry Rub Ribs
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 2 tbsp oil
For Dry Rub:
- 1 tbsp 5-Spice seasoning
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Rub oil over each side of the ribs and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 5-Spice seasoning, paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt/pepper.
- Sprinkle the dry rub over each side of the ribs and use your hands to press it into the meat. Cut ribs so that they fit into the Crock-Pot Express.
- Set temperature on the Crock-Pot Express to HIGH, and adjust the time to 30 minutes. Place the ribs on the cooking rack, inside of the Crock-Pot Express, and add ¼ cup water to bottom of the Crock-Pot Express. Place the Removeable Crisping Lid on top and press the START/STOP button.
- After the ribs are done cooking, cool for about 5 minutes before serving.