This recipe is filled with so much flavor and nutritional goodness, thanks to the garlic and Peruvian Scallops! In less than 20 minutes, you’ll have a delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Thank you, Sprouts Farmers Market, for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
Scallops are probably my favorite seafood because they are so tasty and they’re absolutely perfect for a quick date night meal! Not only are scallops delicious, they’re also super easy to prepare, and they’re ready in about 10 minutes.
I typically enjoy my scallops seared, and over a bed of pasta, but this time I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and try something a little different. I decided to make this amazing Garlicky Sauteed Scallops with Spinach & Mushrooms recipe!
Before I got started on this recipe, I went to Sprouts Farmers Market to pick up everything that I needed. I love getting my seafood from Sprouts because they offer 100% sustainably sourced seafood from fisheries that are committed to preserving and protecting the health of our marine and freshwater ecosystems.
I spotted these beautiful Peruvian Scallops in the Butcher Shop and just HAD to get a couple of pounds! Peruvian Scallops, also known as “Golden Nuggets of the Sea” by local fishermen, and are raised in the waters off the cost of Peru in the Sechura Bay. They are gathered, shucked, and frozen the same day which ensures highest quality, tenderness and taste.
How To Make Garlicky Sautéed Scallops with Spinach & Mushrooms
Start by adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Next, sprinkle the scallops with paprika and salt & pepper. Add the scallops and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 4-6 minutes or until they are done and cooked through. Set the scallops and garlic on a plate and tent with foil to keep them warm.
Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and add in the spinach and mushrooms. Cook until the spinach starts to wilt and season with salt & pepper to taste. Add in the scallops and serve warm. Enjoy!
Try this recipe for your next date night, or for a quick and easy weeknight meal!
Garlicky Sautéed Scallops with Spinach & Mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 lbs Sprouts Peruvian Scallops
- 6 cups Sprouts Organic Spinach Leaves
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced & washed
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the scallops with paprika and salt & pepper. Add the scallops and garlic to the pan and cook for 4-6 minutes or until they are done and cooked through. Set the scallops and garlic on a plate and tent with foil to keep them warm.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and add in the spinach and mushrooms. Cook until the spinach starts to wilt and season with salt & pepper to taste. Add in the scallops and serve.