This post is sponsored by Nestle. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cinnamon rolls have taken the social media world by storm, and for good reason! They are being made with only a few simple ingredients for a delicious, homemade taste! These flavorful Orange Cinnamon Rolls are made using store bought cinnamon rolls, orange juice, orange zest, and La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk.
Did you know that La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk is the #1 sweetened condensed milk in the world and it’s available at your local Publix! It contains no artificial flavors, only milk and sugar, and it’s definitely a well-deserved treat!
The addition of La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk makes these cinnamon rolls extra moist and fluffy, and the orange juice/zest gives them so much fantastic flavor. They are also super quick and easy to make, which is always a bonus!
How to Make Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Pre-Packaged Cinnamon Roll Dough – any brand will work just fine, just make sure that they are the large sized cinnamon rolls.
- La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk – This ingredient helps to make the rolls rich and moist.
- Orange juice – If you keep several oranges on hand like I do, try to make your own orange juice. You can also use store bought orange juice.
- Orange zest – I like to use a lot of orange zest in my rolls, but you could start with 1/2 teaspoon and add more to taste.
To make these rolls, preheat the oven to 350ºF.
In a medium bowl, combine 1 can of La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk, orange juice, and orange zest. Set aside.
Next, spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and arrange the cinnamon rolls with space between each roll. Pour the orange mixture over the cinnamon rolls, making sure to fill in the gaps between the rolls.
Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 25-30 minutes, until they’re golden brown and cooked through. Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and top with the included icing, and extra orange zest if desired. Serve warm.
How to Store Orange Cinnamon Rolls
These cinnamon rolls are best served fresh, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to reheat them, just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Can I Freeze These Orange Cinnamon Rolls?
Yes, these cinnamon rolls can be frozen. I would recommend freezing them without the frosting and then thawing them and adding the frosting when you’re ready to eat them.
I hope you enjoy these 4-Ingredient Orange Cinnamon Rolls! If you try them, please let me know what you think in the comments below and tag me on Instagram @beautifuleatsandthings. And remember, “Con La Lechera, You’ve Got This!” Enjoy!
4-Ingredient Orange Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 (5-pack) can large pre-packaged cinnamon rolls
- 1 can La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk or 1 & 1/3 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
For Optional Homemade Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 stick salted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine the La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk, orange juice, and orange zest. Set aside.
- Next, spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and arrange the cinnamon rolls with space between each roll. Pour the orange mixture over the cinnamon rolls, making sure to fill in the gaps between the rolls.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 25-30 minutes, until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and top with the included icing, or use the homemade cream cheese icing if desired. Serve warm.