Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Did you know that you can meal prep food for your kiddies?! These Cheesy Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bites are the perfect meal option for kids and they are great to pack in their lunch throughout the week!
So you already know that I meal prep on Sundays. I prep any and everything that I possibly can! I also try to prep meals for my kids. Here’s a little background info about my kids…my kids are extremely picky eaters; mainly just my 2 ½ year old! I really hate to label him as a picky eater, but that’s just the honest truth! He examines everything that I place in front of him! Lol! So as you can see mealtime can be a bit of a challenge!
I came up with the idea for the Cheesy Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bites because my kids really enjoy mac & cheese. Even though I make a mean macaroni & cheese, they prefer that reliable box dinner! Smh. I know, right?! Anyway, I thought of a clever way to incorporate veggies into their favorite meal, and form it into the cutest little bites! They absolutely loved it! I couldn’t believe that my kids actually cleaned their plates!
Like most of my recipes, these were super easy to make! I used one box of mac and cheese and added chopped broccoli to it. I also added extra cheese to make it really cheesy! To make everything combine well together, I added 1 egg and a little flour. And there you have it! An easy meal for your kids! This recipe makes several Cheesy Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bites, so I like to store them and pack them in my kids’ lunches for the week! To make your week a little less hectic, try this easy, kid-approved recipe!
Cheesy Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bites
- 1 box mac & cheese dinner 7.25 oz
- 1 egg
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets finely chopped
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pot, prepare mac and cheese per directions on the box. When done, set aside.
- Steam 1 cup of broccoli florets until tender. Place in a chopper or food processor until broccoli is finely chopped. Be sure not to over-process broccoli.
- Add broccoli, cheese, flour, and milk to mac and cheese and combine. Add onion powder, salt/pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg and add it to mac and cheese mixture. Be sure that egg is thoroughly combined.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, and spoon mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Broil on high for 2 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire baking rack, and enjoy!