Pizza is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser! There’s something about that familiar dish that people can’t resist! This Gourmet Veggie and Ricotta Cheese Pizza is the ULTIMATE veggie pizza! It’s piled with so many wholesome ingredients and full of flavor! You’ll forget that it’s actually healthy!
I love, love, LOVE pizza!! I mean, who doesn’t?? Growing up, we usually had pizza on Fridays! I would get so excited when Friday rolled around because I knew what we were having for dinner! I would sit in the classroom, counting down the minutes until the bell rang! Even though they usually served pizza in the cafeteria on Fridays (that awful rectangular pizza, with the little chunks of pepperoni lol), I couldn’t wait to get home and enjoy it with my family!
I also looked forward to the TGIF television line up!! Lol! I was obsessed with watching Family Matters, Full House, Step By Step…ahhh, those were the days!! I can just hear those theme songs now…”What ever happened to predictability, the milk man, the paper boy, and evening tv!” I know I’m not the only one reminiscing over the Full House theme song! lol!
I enjoy making pizza with my family because it brings back those old memories! I also like to make it into a fun activity for the kids! They enjoy adding their own toppings and being mommy’s little helpers! Even though they make a bit of a mess, it’s still really cute to see them take so much pride in making their own pizza! Give this Gourmet Veggie and Ricotta Cheese Pizza a try! I’m sure your family will enjoy it just as much as mine did!
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest!
Gourmet Veggie and Ricotta Cheese Pizza
- Pre-made or homemade pizza dough
- ¼ cup pizza sauce choose your favorite brand
- ½ cup low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup spinach (baby leaves)
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 small purple onion sliced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a pizza pan, roll out pizza dough and form it into a circle (approx. 12 inches). Roll and pinch the edges to form a crust.
- Spread pizza sauce, evenly over dough. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium heat and saute garlic, bell pepper, and onion. Once garlic is fragrant, remove from heat and add spinach. Toss to blend with other ingredients. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Spread spinach/veggie mixture to pizza and spread evenly.
- Add ricotta cheese and grape tomatoes on top.
- Optional: apply an egg wash to crust to give it a golden brown finish!
- Bake for about 20 minutes and Enjoy!