These Easy 15-Minute Chicken Tostadas have become a new family favorite in our home! They take only 15 minutes to prepare and contain simple ingredients that can be found right in your pantry!
Thank you Cans Get You Cooking for sponsoring this post! As always, all thoughts and opinions are truly my own.
During these uncertain times, easy comforting meals have been a life saver! They help to bring a sense of normalcy and relief that is definitely needed right now. Lately, one of our favorite comfort meals happens to be Chicken Tostadas!
So, What is s a Tostada??
A tostada is a simple Mexican dish that starts with a tortilla that has been baked or fried, and then topped with a variety of toppings. Some people like to call it Mexican Pizza! I love that you can customize this dish and pile on as many toppings as you want. The flavor combinations are endless!
When making these Easy 15-Minute Chicken Tostadas, I cut my prep time in half by using several canned ingredients. I love using canned fruits and vegetables in my recipes because they are super convenient, very cost-effective and help reduce food waste. They are also a great way to get your family to eat healthier.
You may not know this, but canned foods actually have similar, or better, nutritional profiles when compared to fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables. It’s true! Canned produce goes directly from field to package within 4 hours. This process helps to lock in lock in freshness and nutrients, without the need for preservatives and additives.
For this recipe I used several canned foods, such as corn, black beans, diced tomatoes and chicken. I also used premade tostada shells instead of making them on my own.
How to Make Tostadas
Start by warming your chicken in a large skillet for about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning and remove chicken from the skillet.
Next, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet and sauté the onions, corn and black beans. Set aside.
Assemble your tostadas and top with your desired toppings. In addition to the chicken and corn mixture, we topped our tostadas with diced tomatoes, cheese, chopped avocado, sour cream and fresh cilantro. Yum!!
I typically like to serve this meal buffet style and place all of toppings in their own bowl. This makes it super easy for each person to make their tostada however they like! I think that we are going to have replace Taco Tuesday with Tostada Tuesday!
Easy 15-Minute Chicken Tostadas
- 10 tostada shells
- 3 (10 oz) cans white chicken drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz) can corn drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can diced tomatoes drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup Colby Jack shredded cheese
- 1 avocado chopped
- Sour cream for topping
- Optional: fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, on medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes and stir in taco seasoning. Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the same skillet, and add in the onions, corn, and black beans. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent, and set aside.
- Evenly distribute the chicken and corn mixture on each tostada and top each one with cheese, diced tomatoes, chopped avocado, and sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired, and Serve.