If you’re not a lover of brussels sprouts, I guarantee that you will be after you try this Cheesy Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Pasta Bake recipe!!
How many of you are fans of brussels sprouts?? I will be the first to admit that I was NOT a fan of brussels sprouts at first!! And here’s another secret…I didn’t actually try them until about a year ago! Lol!
So, here’s the real reason why I was afraid to try brussels sprouts…they looked like little balls of uncooked lettuce and I was completely unimpressed by them! I didn’t want to try them, smell them, or have anything to do with those little critters! Well that all changed last year…
Last year, my husband took me to this fancy- schmancy restaurant and ordered roasted brussels sprouts as the appetizer! Y’all, I was so angry at him for doing that and I was fully prepared to give him the silent treatment for the rest of the night!!
When those brussels sprouts came to the table, I was surprised because they smelled so good!! So, I tasted one….and I fell in love!! I ended up eating about 95% of that appetizer! Lol!
My new-found love for brussels sprouts totally inspired me to create this Cheesy Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Pasta Bake recipe! I love roasted brussels sprouts, but I wanted to turn that into a full meal and this was the perfect way!
Did You Know…???
Brussels sprouts are loaded with nutrients! Here are some of the major nutrients in a half cup of cooked brussels sprouts:
- Calories: 28
- Protein: 2 grams
- Carbs: 6 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin K: 137% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 81% of the RDI
- Vitamin A: 12% of the RDI
- Folate: 12% of the RDI
- Manganese: 9% of the RDI
Like most of my recipes, this one was very easy to make. I even shared a few shortcuts, below, to cut your cooking time in half! The secret to this recipe is definitely the white wine! It adds the perfect touch and brings all of the flavors together! Once this Cheesy Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Pasta Bake is ready, prepare your taste buds for a real treat!!
If you loved this recipe, then I know you’ll love these!
- Marinated Chicken & Basil Whole Wheat Greek Pasta
- Southwest Chicken Avocado Ranch Pasta
- Creamy Tomato Pasta Skillet
I can’t begin to describe the incredible flavors in this Cheesy Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Pasta Bake! The sauce complimented the brussels sprouts perfectly! And paired with the noodles, AND bacon, AND parmesan cheese….OMG!!! This is seriously my new favorite way to eat brussels sprouts!
If you’re short on time, here are a couple of short-cuts to make life easier:
- Use pre-cooked chicken instead of cooking the chicken yourself.
- Use real bacon pieces instead of cooking the bacon yourself.
For your next weeknight meal, give this recipe try! I would love to know what you think in the comments below!
Cheesy Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Pasta Bake
- 32 oz brussels sprouts
- 15 oz packed refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cooked & cut into pieces
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup fat free half and half
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- 3 tbsp reduced fat margarine
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat. When done, transfer bacon to a plate and set aside to cool. Once bacon is cool, crumble into pieces.
- To that same pot, add butter and stir until melted. Add garlic, chicken broth, and white cooking wine. Cook for about 5 minutes and reduce heat to low.
- Add half and half, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and 2 tbsp of flour. Stir frequently until mixture starts to simmer.
- Toss in brussels sprouts, tortellini, chicken, add half of bacon crumbles. Combine until all ingredients are mixed and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle ½ cup parmesan cheese and remaining bacon crumbles over casserole. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Optional: for a brown, crispy crust, set oven to broil (high) and place in the oven for about 5 minutes, until desired brownness is achieved.