Spring is almost here, and I’ve got the PERFECT recipe!! This Balsamic Strawberry Greek Chicken Salad is filled with so many bold flavors and screams, Hello Spring!
Is it strawberry season yet?? During my weekly grocery shopping trip, I spotted the most delicious strawberries! Typically, strawberries are used in sweet dishes, such as pies, tarts, and my favorite…ice cream!
I’m convinced that the real reason why I love strawberries is because of its amazing nutritional benefits!
Did you know…???
- Strawberries are packed with vitamins, fiber, and high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols.
- Strawberries are naturally a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, and low-calorie food.
- Strawberries are a good source of manganese and potassium.
- Just one serving of strawberries provides more vitamin C than an orange.
For some reason, I didn’t want to create a sweet recipe with my strawberries. I wanted to create a delicious, savory recipe. This Balsamic Strawberry Greek Chicken Salad was the perfect concoction!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these:
- Grilled Peach Chicken & Goat Cheese Salad
- Orange Pomegranate & Walnut Salad
- Citrus Salmon & Beet Salad
Whenever I make a salad, my lettuce of choice is the spring salad mix. I like it because it has a combination of baby spinach, romaine lettuce, and a lot of other goodies! I don’t ever use iceberg lettuce because it does something weird to my tummy and it has very little nutritional value.
The key to this amazing Balsamic Strawberry Greek Chicken Salad is definitely the chicken! I marinated the chicken in a Balsamic Vinaigrette marinade along with a few spices! While cooking, it makes its own “sauce” in which I used to sauté the onions! Sooo good!!
Well each kind of onion provides a different taste! The purple onions give the Balsamic Strawberry Greek Chicken Salad a crisp, bold flavor while the sautéed onions adds a delicious savory component! It is the perfect combination!
The finishing touch to this Balsamic Strawberry Greek Chicken Salad was a hefty drizzle of my favorite lite Balsamic Vinaigrette! Now if you’re feeling fancy, you can certainly make your own but I prefer to save a little time in the kitchen and use a store-bought vinaigrette.
I saved the best part for last…the strawberries!! The strawberries added the perfect amount of sweetness and a little tartness that complimented the Balsamic Vinaigrette perfectly! After trying this Balsamic Strawberry Greek Chicken Salad, you’ll definitely be adding strawberries to ALL of your salads lol!!
Balsamic Strawberry Greek Chicken Salad
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
- ¼ cup Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette for marinade
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 yellow onions sliced
- 6 cups spring salad mix
- ½ purple onion sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup kalamata olives pitted
- ¼ cup crumbled feta reduced fat
- ¼ cup Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette for topping
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, ¼ cup Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette, garlic powder, and salt/pepper. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Heat skillet to medium heat and add oil. Add chicken to skillet and cook for approximately 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked throughout. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add yellow onions to that same skillet and sauté until soft, and brown. Set aside.
- Arrange spring salad mix, purple onions, cucumber, strawberries, and kalamata olives on a large platter. Add chicken and sautéed onions on top.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and on top, and drizzle ¼ cup Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette over the salad and serve!